Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter
  • Ideas For A New Guitar Wing & Guitar Wing Receiver

Thanks for the input, thunderfingers!

We've started work on a firmware and editor update, and we hope to get #1 in there and release it later this month.
    We will look into #2 for the future, but I am certain that this feature will not make it into this next release.

• Need help writing virtual dj controller definition file

I am still misunderstanding something. 
    Can you correct the following LED Definition, to what it should be to turn on LED 00?
    <led note="0x00" cc="0x00" value="0x64" ccoff="0x00" name="LED_0-BUTTON0" />

• note - the MIDI note
    • cc - the MIDI cc
    • value - the CC value
    • ccoff - (optional) a different MIDI cc to which to send "value" to turn the LED off

---
    Alternatively, I couldn't figure out the ledsysex definition either;
    <ledsysex value="F0 00 01 61 03 09 00 00 00 F7">
    <led sendstatic="true" name="LED_0-BUTTON0" bit="0x00" deck="1"/>
    </ledsysex>

I am unsure what bit should be, and also unsure how to figure out column/row CR in the value string to map a single LED; F0 00 01 61 03 09 LL HH CR F7
  • CNTRL + Ableton 10 - the same midi note is played from the controller and also from the my keys

Hi guys,

I have a frustrating problem:

I've assigned a few pads on my livid controller to start some scenes. The problem is that when I play keys and I hit the same note that is assigned to that specific pad it starts that scenes. What I want is to start the scene with my livid controller only.

to get in more detailed: let say that I have Note D#1 (witch on my livid is one of the pads) mapped Scene 113.  The moment I hit D#1 on my keyboard that scene starts playing. Really frustrating. Is there anything that I'm missing here?

I have installed the livid scripts but I'm not using them, I'm trying to map the controller according to my need, not to say that is not the most intuitive script and only I didn't find any tuts.. anyway
    imageimage
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • code / disable local control and still update LED ring

Hi Moon, 

thanks for the reply, correct, I am aware of that for example, I have disabled local control and got it to work as I 'want' it to with traktor. What I did was:

->Add in -- CC#1 to control the mixer Low knob.
    ->Add out -- CC#1 to send position from traktor to Code, so they are always in sync
    -> Add out -- CC#33 to send position to the led ring.

this works perfectly, however in Live you cannot assign 1 parameter to 2 different CC# therefore I cannot have it send it to both the encoder and to the ring 

that is Live's shortcoming but was wondering if I could achieve what i described from traktor and have a workaround in ableton.

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.

• Code v2 - 14-bit control possible?

Hi Marten,

You are correct in that it only controls notes and ccs.
    I believe this was a copy paste error from Ohm64 development.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.
    I have updated the documentation.

Cheers,
    Justin
  • DS1 Editor Not Recalling Min/Max Control Settings Correctly
    Hi,
    I have several DS1 configurations 'saved to file' via the DS1 Editor Software. When I recall a different configuration, 'load from file', the preset recalls the previous configurations 'min/max' control settings, e.g. config #1: rotary setting min 1 / max 4, config #2: rotary setting min 0 / max 127, when config #2 is loaded the min/max setting remains min 1 / max 4. The only settings that recall correctly are the button 'Key Feedback' colours.

DS1 Editor Software 1.14
    DS1 Editor Firmware 1.30
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    MacOS 10.11.6

• Livid Minim pre-order did not arrive

MOON!! I ordered and paid for a Minim Controller on December 27th 2016. I recieved an email saying it "shipped" on December 28th. When I check the USPS website with the tracking number it says a shipping label was created but no item had actually been shipped. I have yet to receive anything. It's been over 3 weeks now and I have opened up 3 different tickets and have not heard a single word back from Livid. It's very aggravating when you have already taken my money and not being able to get a response from anyone as to what the issue is. My name is Mikail King and my order number is #14734. Please respond.

• Builder Parts
    Thanks, Moon.

I have been crazy busy and had to leave my Livid Builds and repairs for a bit. But that doesn't mean they are "dead." I am known to have five to seven to twelve technical projects going at once. And Doing a major studio rebuild on top of it all means capernetry. So below is a draft I startwed WEEKS ago, after you replied. The "encoders backward" was a blow. But I just got them back on, following your advice in cutting them off and uttiong new ones on. How is this?

That is first. So?
    \

Now I'll continue with my weeks old draft and edit where encessary with my planned next steps questions.....

-----
    begin old note I never finished:
    ---------

OK. I'll start with where I am at now...
    You like pictures, eh? OK. Here is what I am still working on- Livid Instruments wise. I have plenty of other balls in the air as well, Livid and otherwise.
    Actually, this little table is about half of the Livid projects I have going. You can see my CNTRL:R is apart. I have to replace one fader, the far right one. Desoldering has proven to NOT be my strong suit. AT ALL. I really hope if the encoder remove/ replace didn\'t damage the other side of the board. It is certainily not up to my soldering standards, as it was rough getting the old connection points to become "holes" again. Some look a little "burnt."

If you remember, I have three Brain Jr.'s, the CNTRL:R, and a Livids elements single row of four units wired to a Brain all nice and neat. Plan is for CNTRL:R to get repaired by replacing the far right fader. After replacing four encoders I am hopeful, but only if I fire up that Jr. and it works fine, Otherwise, I am terrified I will do damage to the CNTRL:R.

Brain Jr 1- The 4 faders with 4 encoders along the bottom. 
    Brain Jr. 2- I waffle between ideas a lot, but have decided that I am going to first finish Jr. #1 & #3, that are already started, fix the CNTRL:R and decide how the Jr. 2 can best fit my playing style. I am toying with the idea of making a 4x4 button block that is simply an FX on/off  for 8 different channels. I do not need a drum pad, as I use a MIDIFIGHTER and a MIDIFIGHTER TWISTER that I love.

Brain Jr. 3-  The Pedal box with 1/4" inputs jacks wired to the Jr. Expression and momentary switch type keyboard pedals. Yes, I have plenty of pedals to experiment.

You also see my 1/4" input Brain Jr. box for pedals. Thanks for the heads up about pedals. I have made sure not to go overboard with buying pedals before I know what works. Luckily, I have gotten a variety of them for nothing or for dirt cheap. I have two that (I think) are very nice and hope those two work more than the others. One I got when I purchased a Moogerfooger from eBay and the seller just threw in the Moog expression pedal for no particular reason. The other is brand new and was also a freebie with something else I bought online. I have several that are decidedly NOT nice at all. 1/8" jacks for some reason, light as air, cheap materials, weird sticker on one that just says "PEDAL" - on a cheap sticker. Classy. Once I get the number of working pedals to where I want it, I have a design for an angled project box to put them on.

Now if I wanted to throw a monkey wrench in, and have 4 individual > LEDs light up independently when the encoder I place each LED under is > pressed and turn off when it is pressed again... how would I do that?

In Brain Configure,
    - Remap the desired LED to the same mapping as your button. (If your button is mapped to note 4, then your led should be mapped to note 4), then you enable Local Control for Buttons in the same program.

> Moon said: > Hi Spaker

Now if I wanted to throw a monkey wrench in, and have 4 individual > LEDs light up independently when the encoder I place each LED under is > pressed and turn off when it is pressed again... how would I do that?
    In Brain Configure,
    - Remap the desired LED to the same mapping as your button. (If your button is mapped to note 4, then your led should be mapped to note 4), then you enable Local Control for Buttons in the same program.
    About the touch sliders on digikey. Yes, we have had many users use soft-pots such as these. They wire up as Analog inputs, and work pretty well.

--

I think I understand the way to Map the LEDs to get them to light when an encoder is engaged, I think.

I have the supercool touch faders and really want to use them with the Last Jr. and OMNI Board. Just like a fader...? Because they have like three wires coming off of them...

So now that I know the faders I installed already used FIVE soldering points.... how would these hook up?

(remember I ahve another OMNI board, as well as an LED, Button and Analog breakout shield on the #3 Jr. itself.) Analog? It has three connection points....

Looking forward to your next note ....

And ANY- and I mean ANY tips on how to get that far fader off the CNTRL:R without royally screwing my favorite MIDI CNTRL:R!

Want more photos? Just ask. This is a vacation week for me. Sorta. I have to play a 9 hour set on New Years, but am playing with my:

Ableton Live PC
    Launchpad
    Launch Control
    Launch Control XL
    MIDIFIGHTER 3D & MF TWISTER
    Behringer CMD MM-1
    Roland TR-8, TB-3, MX-1, System-1m
    Arturia Beatstep & Microbrute
    and a veriety of Teenage Engineering PO units, Korg Volcas and various Lo-Fi gadgetry I run through a small mixer and route through various FX pedals either into a mix, on top of a mix, or exteemely minimally. 

• Minim with Mac Issues, Disconnecting, Latency, Accelerometer, Sensitivity.

Curious if the dev team has addressed sensitivity, as that's my #1 concern right now...

• I think my brand new Guitar Wing is defective
    I just got this thing and it wont work. I was very excited to get it, and now I'm super-disappointed.

Ive been thru your inrstuctions and as far as I can tell this controller just isn't working properly. 

It just doesn't work. It lights up,.. the buttons change color when I hit them, but it will not connect to my Mac Pro running 10.11.5, it will not connect to my iPad pro with latest iOS, nor my iPhone 5s. 

It just won't do it. Ive used the audio/ midi utility, Ive tried working with the bluetooth utility. 

I CANT get the controller to connect via bluetooth, wireless midi, I cant get the Wing FX to recognize it. I cant get the Livid Guitar Editor to recognize it. When I run The iPad app it says "searching for Bluetooth LE device" and just spins endlessly.

So I guess maybe it's a good idea to update the firmware of the Guitar Wing right? So I download the .Bin file and I unzip that and it turns it into a .cpgz. Seriously?? that unzips to another .cpgz,.. That unzips to another .cpgz,... Seriously?? What???

At this point not a happy customer. Please advise.
  • OHM RGB and Bitwig - Group and Scenes launch

Yup, someone from Bitwig User Group got it Working, here is the repo : 

And " https://github.com/.../blob/master/daw/CursorDeviceProxy.js is the place where the real work of groups and device layers are."

Hope it could be a solution. 
    If it's to hard or whatever, don't waste your time, for the moment I'll take a keyboard and map each group to a key. 
    Cyril
  • code / disable local control and still update LED ring

what you want to do only works when Local Control for both Encosion types (Absolute and Relative) is deactivated…

Moon's words contain an important truth about the encoders: controlling their LED Rings is not the same as controlling their actual values. When turning an encoder, its value is updated internally and cannot receive new values for a short space of time after letting go of it. Its LED Ring however can receive values. When you run your Code in default mode (factory settings) every LED Ring has the mapping of its encoder + 32, so encoder #1 cas CC 1 but its LED Ring responds to CC 33, which doesn't change the value of the encoder (turn encoder 1 to zero, then send 33 127 and you will see how it skips back when you turn the encoder once more).

Here is a max 6 patch that makes possible what you want to do, if it doesn't work first try, then save and reload it perhaps. run the patch in presentation mode for this is much clearer.

However, your wish only really makes sense when you want to send the LED Rings different values than where the encoder is at, otherwise its the same as Local Control ON — am I right?

enjoy.

• OhmRGB bug or Ableton Live 9 Remote Scripts bug? Problems with mapping.

> Moon said: > Button 11:
    - What makes you think something is wrong with this button?

Button 11:
    This is the button that is assigned as a SEND-button in the 'Ohm Modes Ableton Live Remote Script'

-- Are you saying it was triggered when you didn't press anything else?
    Yes, the send rotary knob of track 3 in Ableton Live was rotated all the way to the right, even when I didn't touch button #11 on the controller.

When I DO touch the button, it just jumps back and forth to the right, left, right. It's very, very sensitive. So, there must be something wrong with that knob only. The other knobs work fine.

I will include this post when sending a support ticket to Livid.
  • OhmRGB bug or Ableton Live 9 Remote Scripts bug? Problems with mapping.

Hello Moon and Amounra,

I have performed Live with my controller and during the live set, the send button of track 3 went all the way to the right. 

There is definitely something going wrong with button #11  (http://wiki.lividinstruments.com/wiki/OhmRGB#Default_MIDI_Settings)

I have cleaned this knob (but didn't used De-Oxit liquids) but nothing helps. I really think this is a hardware problem....

How much will it cost me to fix this? Do I really have to send it to Livid Instrument in The States? Or can I just fix it somewhere here in The Netherlands?

cc Amounra: All dip switches on the back of the Ohm are flipped in the right direction.
  • Ohm RGB : How to switch between to different scripts while playing ?

Here is a wetransfert for a video (I'm sorry for the bad quality)
    http://we.tl/ecgsE7CzbX

• first, I change the bank,
    • then, I move  the red highlight box on the left and on the righf, with the nav L and nav R buttons (it moves),
    • then, I try to move  the red highlight box up and down, with the nav up and nav dn buttons (nothing happens).
    • then, I hold down the Zoom button, and the 8x8 grid to quickly navigate the red highlight box to a different part of my Live set (it moves),

• OhmRGB - Random Midi Notes

Hello EmilBalle ,

Have you ever fixed your controller?
    One of the rotary knobs of my OhmRGB controller also keeps on sending Midi Data to Ableton Live. When I'm touching the 3rd 'SEND B' button (please see the image: http://wiki.lividinstruments.com/wiki/Ohm_Modes_Ableton_Live_Remote_Script#1._Mixing), the assigned button in Ableton Live is completely rotated to the right. And it keeps on rotating fully open when I'm just touching the knob...I think it's an internal issue in the controller.

Looking forward to receiving your reply!

• Issue programming button ID66 in Block

Hi I connected to the editor on line and was looking at the values set by the default reset.When I go to button ID66 and press it ,it gives out the following midi note numbers in the midi viewer

CH 1 | Note (F#5) 66 64
    CH 1 | Note (D0) 2 64
    CH 1 | Note (Bb0) 10 64
    CH 1 | Note (F#1) 18 64
    CH 1 | Note (D2) 26 64
    CH 1 | Note (Bb2) 34 64
    CH 1 | Note (F#3) 42 64
    CH 1 | Note (D4) 50 64
    CH 1 | Note (Bb4) 58 64
    CH 1 | Note (F#5) 66 0
    CH 1 | Note (D0) 2 0
    CH 1 | Note (Bb0) 10 0
    CH 1 | Note (F#1) 18 0
    CH 1 | Note (D2) 26 0
    CH 1 | Note (Bb2) 34 0
    CH 1 | Note (F#3) 42 0
    CH 1 | Note (D4) 50 0
    CH 1 | Note (Bb4) 58 0

when I try to change the value to something else in the editor it does not do anything and continues to output a stream of midi numbers
    Is this normal or am I missing something ?
    Actually just saw a message that this is the bank cycle button what if I want to change it to something else ?
    This was the same for the offline and online editor
  • Cannot map different notes to different banks with BASE

Hey there,

I have had a frustrating time with my BASE controller ever since I got it. I think many of my problems stem from me not understanding MIDI as well as I thought I did.

Currently I have my BASE mapped to a layout that mimics a drum set. I primarily use the controller for programming drums. However, I would also like to use it as a mixing interface with the sliders and also to mimic a keyboard layout. Ideally I would just press one button to cycle through the different layouts. I believe that this is what banks are used for.

What I have tried doing is mapping the #1 button on the right side of the controller to have the "bank" special setting which cycles through the banks and the numbers change on the LED screen. However, whenever I reprogram a pad on a different bank it gives me a message saying that I can only have that note mapped to a single pad. What am I doing wrong? I am able to map the LEDs to have different colors on different banks but I cannot seem to reprogram the notes.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone could point me towards a good primer on MIDI terminology that might be of help as well. 
  • CODE :: regular LED Feedback dropout

okay, i've now two global coll objects comprised of the two definitive references lists, thanks.

And I take it that the encoders' LED Ring Code, on the other hand, ranges from 54 to 85 (32 steps in an uninterrupted numerical seq)…

this then gives us the following guideline for mapping LEDs to controls on the Code:
    • the LED mappings are formatted as two lists, one each for Notes and CCs respectively
    • hence only one origin of LED control can be assigned to either a Note or a CC (between 0-127)
    • to map a control to an LED, then, depending on its type (Note/CC), the position/index in the formatted sysex string defines which Note/CC is being controlled and the corresponding value gives the origin of control (i.e. a button's LED Code index according to the sheets, or an LED Ring's index between 54-85), which can of course only be one of them

a lot clearer now, methinks.
    anyhow, you mentioned that

»When a message received matches an ledring mapping, then the encoder value does Not change, and the LED Ring does update«

right? I just tested this and the opposite was the case :: having mapped encoder 1 to CC1 and its LED Ring to CC2 while encoder 2 is mapped to CC2 and its LED Ring to 34 … sending a CC2 to the Code changes the second Encoder and not the Ring of Encoder #1. Am I missing something? seems like the Encoder and not the Ring takes priority… same if I map LED Ring #3 to CC2 as well, the second Encoder value is still being controlled… this would actually be preferable as for the rings show the current Encoder values.

thanks so far. i should be able to work with this for now!
  • CODE :: regular LED Feedback dropout

interesting.

i have been struggling with the mapping of LEDs as for the indexes aren't intuitive nor logical at all and duplicate assignments aren't supported. unfortunately there isn't a clearcut guide to be found anywhere as to how the mapping of a control to an LED works. from what i gathered, the sysex code for mapping notes to LEDs is built up like this: (¿questionmark?)

default mapping (notes to LEDs)
    127 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 43 44 45 48 49 50 51 52 53 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127

if say, the LED of button #1 (first push encoder) is to be controlled by Note 33 (instead of first gridbutton), the 34rd (33+1) position of the sysex string is to be replaced with the button's ID-1 (i.e. '0'), while its recent assignment (Note 1 —> position 1st+1 = 2nd; 0 by default) needs to be mapped to 127 for Note 1 to not control any LED on the Code. (¿questionmark?)
    then, looking like this:
     127 127 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 32 0 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 43 44 45 48 49 50 51 52 53 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127

if however, the same button's LED is to be changed to be controlled by CC80, the sysex string (36 for CC LED Map), which has this default I believe:

127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127

needs the 81st position (CC number + 1) to be replaced by the button's ID (0 in this case for it's push encoder 1(-1) we talk about), while, again, its original/previous cc-mapping (x-pos+1) needs a 127 mapping, like so:
    127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 0 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127 127

i'm sweating a little…
    unfortunately the numbers don't pertain to the button ID's directly but with a crooked logic of numerous IDs having been removed from the sequence… Note 33 is a 38 and so on…

i find it difficult to devise a reliable logic that allows custom mapping of LEDs but without sending it to the Code when there are mapping conflicts with other controls. the livid editor lets one know that there are multiple assignments to LEDs but overwrites the older mapping with 127 (no response). it would be better to have the choice, and, what's more — if a button's LED is set to be controlled by a CC and an LED Ring receives the same CC, the editor does NOT remind of this, but maintains the mapping for the LED ring and not the button…

any hints from your end?
    sorry, but there just was not a way to explain this whole thing simpler, as for it is reeeeally nebulous… i am sweating