Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Footcontroller with fake bank select / octave / transpose

Hi!

As a lot of other people I would like some help in making the following scenarie work:

I have built a foot controller with 6 buttons with my Brain Jr.. I would like one of these buttons to act as a "bank select". I know that a bank select is not possible with the current firmware. 

Therefore I suggest making this button an octave button (ie transpose the remaining 5 buttons on the controlling an octave when pressed). When this button is pressed again it should transpose the remaining 5 buttons "back" to the original notes.

I hope this makes sense?

I think this might be possible using these "sysex" messages in the Brain configure app - but I have no idea how to go about that... 

Would anyone be so kind to give me a quick walkthrough on how to do this?

Best

Mikkel

Tagged:

Comments

• What software are you using it with? For instance, Ableton Live has a transpose function build into it that you can use.

• edited July 2015

I'm using mainstage.

• Hmmm then you may have luck using a program like MIDI Pipe to set up a function where when you press a button it translates the midi notes until you press a button again.