Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Cannot map different notes to different banks with BASE

Hey there,

I have had a frustrating time with my BASE controller ever since I got it. I think many of my problems stem from me not understanding MIDI as well as I thought I did.

Currently I have my BASE mapped to a layout that mimics a drum set. I primarily use the controller for programming drums. However, I would also like to use it as a mixing interface with the sliders and also to mimic a keyboard layout. Ideally I would just press one button to cycle through the different layouts. I believe that this is what banks are used for.

What I have tried doing is mapping the #1 button on the right side of the controller to have the "bank" special setting which cycles through the banks and the numbers change on the LED screen. However, whenever I reprogram a pad on a different bank it gives me a message saying that I can only have that note mapped to a single pad. What am I doing wrong? I am able to map the LEDs to have different colors on different banks but I cannot seem to reprogram the notes.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone could point me towards a good primer on MIDI terminology that might be of help as well. 

Comments

• The note messages on each page will be the same, the banking changes the MIDI channel. This is done in this way to allow more banks overall. You may use a program like MIDI Pipe to change the messages on the fly.

• That's not super helpful at this moment unfortunately Mark. Namely because I own a PC. Not only that, but doesn't that eat up every midi channel so that there will be conflicts with the Ableton script? And thirdly that means that I have to run an extra program while performing and that I can only scroll down sixteen times in a set O_o that doesn't feel super useful for a long set.

• Ignore everything I just said. My tablet bugged and somehow I posted on the wrong thread :c