Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Please test: online editor preset file up/download (long awaited!)

edited February 2014 in Hardware
I've staged a version of the editor here:

http://lividserver.com/editor_stage/

There's a panel on the bottom right where you can download a preset file of the current settings. Just type in a name for your preset, then press "create file". You'll then get a link to download it. The preset will have the extension ".json". The contents of the file are simply arrays of numbers that describe the sysex data for all relevant commands for the controller, so if you want to edit those numbers directly in a text editor, you can. 

When you want to upload a saved preset, just choose the file from your hard drive with the "Choose File" button. This will upload the file and immediately send the settings to the controller. 

There are some improvements in the editor in general. Some browse+platforms were stalling out during the initial "discovery" of the device. This should be much better, if not cured, by an improved routine for controller detection. The reset routine is also improved, as there was a case where the inspector could show the previous values before reset.

If you have a problem, please let me know the controller, browser & version#, and your operating system.
Safari 6.1.1 on my OSX 10.85 system does not download the file: it will instead open the file in a browser tab. As a result, when the link is generated, it will say "Right Click to download" rather than "Click to Download" so you can "Save the Linked File As…" Please let me know what clicks do on your computer with Safari!

If this goes well, I'll roll it into the main editor soon.

Tagged:

Comments

• First off, thanks so much for pouring time and effort into this, I know I'm not the only one who appreciates having this feature!

I just tested out the new staging editor on my Mac, and overall it seems like a much faster and efficient experience. Everything seems a lot more responsive, everything loads up well. I followed the instructions and created a JSON file of my current BASE settings then saved it. Then I hit the "defaults(reset)" button in the top right, to get it back to default settings, then I hit "save to device". It didn't appear to change the "settings ch" back to 1 (which I'm guessing is default. I had it set to 16 on my custom preset), so I just changed that manually, then re-saved to the BASE.

I don't know if this is a separate issue or not, but the remote script for Live 9 does not appear to be working. When I look at the values being spit out in the editor after I've made all these changes, it appears as if everything is transmitting on ch.1 as it should be, however I'm not getting any "redbox" outline in Live or any of the functionality that comes with the template.

Again this might be a separate issue from what the editor changed, but I've checked to make sure that the Livid BASE folder was installed in the correct directory (I had to manually add it) and it appears to all be there. Am I missing something?

Otherwise, everything seems to be working great, and I can load my custom settings back to the BASE with no problems.

Here's my computer/workspace info:

Livid BASE Controller (Editor says firmware is up to date)
    Macbook Pro 15"
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    OSX 10.9.1
    Ableton Live 9.1.1
    Running Chrome v33 to view the Editor

• Actually, please disregard the whole remote script issue portion of my post, I got it working! Everything else seems to be working great, at least on the Mac front! Will test on Windows 8 soon. Great job guys!

• First, thanks a lot for this important update !

So, I first experimented troubles with the graphic online interface when trying to edit the presets with Chrome (Version 33.0.1750.117) but now, it seems to work fine. Everything is ok with Firefox.

An important point for users (when using the functionality at home and unless I misunderstood something) : each single preset file saves the content for a single bank so, you have to create/save/download/upload a file for each one (so, I've just loose 6 presets but I can easily rewrite them...).

The Drumpad color bug (for Base) remains the same but I imagine it's another story.

Thanks,
    Nakatano

• Well, maybe I was a little bit too much enthusiast.

There's still a lot of problems (not only with buttons and drumpads individual colors) when trying to edit the banks. 
    For exemple, in Live drumracks, the touchfaders seem now to react as notes and can't map (for example) to detune or transp controls of the Simpler (it worked perfectly before).
    The Base display also shows some fancy values (|- or 85 etc).

I try to switch back to the previous editor and see what happens.
  • Thank you for the feedback! We are still working out the kinks.

To help us trouble shoot, can you please give some detail as to exactly what settings you changed, what went wrong, and it would be great if you could share the json file, so that we can review it.

As for the "base color bug", what do you mean? There are two versions of firmware, to sort this out, if its what I think you're referring to. Do you mean two of the colors are switched? We used different LED's for the first round of BASE controllers, so those have switched colors, but the alternate firmware sorts it out.

• Hi Mark,

Here is a simple example : I try to have the Base first 2 faders, bank 7 with "cc" in the editor (inspector tab, mode cc in the umenu object). 
    Each time I switch to another fader, these 2 ones come back to the default "bend" setting.

The json file seems too long to be copied and I can't find a way to make an attachment !

• I'll PM you for the json file! Thank you!

• I tried the json file (thanks!), but I realize I need to have a better idea of what you expect vs. what happens. 

In each bank, did you want to have sliders 3-8 programmed to be pitch bend, and sliders 1 & 2 act as regular CC? Or did you have another scheme?

Regarding the problem with base pad colors, it's not something I can reproduce - can you again point me to the movie you made?
  • edited February 2014

So, I send this short video to Mark via email.

About the faders, basically, I just would like to have the touchfaders controlling volume tracks or send pots in Live which sometimes works great and sometimes not. For example, the same individual fader appears as CC 1 in my Live Set and as CC 33 if I try to map it to another volume control (see email) !
    I really can't understand what happens (could it be related to the cc or bend setting for the touchfaders in the editor ?) !

• Hi,

Sorry but I don't understand where i'm supposed to disable the bend mode ?
    In Live (I took a look at the midi preferences but didn't find such an option) or in Base editor (where it seems impossible to select the cc mode in the touchslider tab) !?
  • Select cc from the menu here:

http://i.imgur.com/HqazENy.png

It won't be in live preferences. 

• Ok, that's precisely what I first understood and tried to do for days but it was impossible (Chrome 33.0.1750.117 or Firefox 24.0) to have cc and fine modes working together in this tab.

It seems ok now. 
    I test this more deeply and let you know.

Thanks.
  • Hello,

Presets cannot works with all led rings to 127 ... it reset it every times, adding a lot of bug in others settings (conflict with same CC used)
    Can you add a function to desactivate the 2nd led rings signal ?
    I have to enter 96 times "127" to do this (32 x 4 pages ...) and sometimes it reset it ...

• Something is wrong with the rotary encoders:

Here is my saved preset:
    http://y86b1f0901.1fichier.com/

if I load it in pages 2/3/4 all seems to be ok but, if I send a message to the code the rotary endoder doesn't receive the signal, if I return to the editor, set the same numbers, save to device, it's ok.

If it saves only one page, why it saves global settings ?

• In this version, if I remove the bank button, I can't reassign it, even after a reset.

• Not working with my CNTRLR.. i got this message with the screen in brown and with all disabled

Fetching settings from controller...

• can you try again? It's working fine here. What browser? What OS?

• The online editor does not work with my Ohm Rgb.
    I can select my controller on the selection page, but no background picture of the Ohm Rgb appears for the edition.

Windows 7.
    Ohm Rgb
    Mozilla Firefox 29.0.1

• Same issue as nxmxf...only mine is a CNTRL-R (black shafts)

No UI comes up and the controls on the sides don't appear to do anything after selecting my device from the drop down list.

Window 7, 64 bit
    Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16897
    Coudn't get Google Chrome to work with this editor.

• Restart, fixed the issue... Disregard.

Thx

• still the same here

Fetching settings from controller...

i got os mavericks / browser Safari / CNTRLR firmware 100 Black shafts

• Try using firefox or Chrome. Do you have the latest Jazz-soft plugin?

• Still the same, Chrome... Jazz soft plugin v1.3

• please try again. There were some sysex messages that the program was waiting for that the older firmware does not have.