Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Base and Aurex

Jay
edited September 2013 in Hardware

Aurex has provided an amazing video and sample Live 9 project for the Livid community. We'll be doing a proper blog post on it soon, but you can watch it here and download the project

Tagged:

Comments

• Does anybody know why set squencer is not working ? i'm with ableton 9 on windows.

Do i need to update midi remote scripts or something ?
  • Make sure that you've enabled "Track" and "Remote" for Base's output ports in your MIDI Preferences.

• Hey, thanks so much for the mapping. It's all really cool but this really bizarre thing is happening. As soon as i try to replace the sample for "noise 1" on the empty template the functionality for the playing of midi instruments fails. I click the sends button and nothing lights up. This only happens after i try to replace the sample. Does anyone have any idea why? 

Thanks
  • When you replace the sample, Live disables the "arm session recording" button, needed to play instruments and drum racks. Just go into the shifted send mode (by holding down button 2) and re-enable the arm for your instrument track. 

• BTW I just signed in on these forums to provide support. Feel free to PM me here or on my facebook page http://facebook.com/aurexmusic

• edited September 2013

For people having the same problem as Tate:

As soon as i try to replace the sample for "noise 1" on the empty template the functionality for the playing of midi instruments fails. I click the sends button and nothing lights up. This only happens after i try to replace the sample. 

This is definitely a bug and should not happen but I found a temporary solution:
    if you re-enable arm for your instrument / drum track with your mouse (NOT with the BASE unit), BASE retakes it's normal functionality.

• Mr .aurex

How do I use just the sequencer with other VST / AU instruments i.e. NI MASSIVE, in LIVE 9.

Please be patient with me I am new to the stomach of Live .
    m
  • Hi Victronique.

The sequencer is made for the included Live Drumrack only.
    This is because it's made for one-sound drum sequencing only, so nothing polyphonic.
    However, if you wish to use some synth drum sound of massive, you can load an instance of massive instead of the already provided samples and adjust the pitch inside massive.
  • edited November 2013

Hmmm.

That will work for now.
    merci