Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

DS1 Help

2»

Comments

• After I map them. On startup nothing

• Thanks for the quick firmware update!

I will download and try it later today....
    I do have a different question about the Max sends devices:
    I have a Drum Rack loaded...It seems that I can put either the MIDI or Audio Max device and it works the same in both cases...
    So my question is how do the Max4Live (MIDI vs Audio) function differently?
    Thanks,
    -Prem
  • edited September 2014

QUOTE: 

Are the other features of the script working?  Does it light buttons, can you change track volumes with it's faders?

There is an issue that I am having...It has occurred many times:
    I am using Mac OSX Mavericks/Ableton 9.1.5
    2 separate but related issues...both involving the endless/push button encoders:
    1) Pushing down and turning the knobs do not seem to make the encoders go at finer intervals...it remains the same pushed or un-pushed
    2)This one is annoying...It has happened often. As the script states; the 3 endless encoders will control MACROS 6, 7 & 8; it works. However, it often (for no particular reason) go into a toggle like mode instead of intervals. Meaning that it is either full ON, or full OFF. I then restart LIVE and it will work fine as intended. Then for no apparent reason it will happen again. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Prem
  • @LoganEdwards:  I suspect you are doing something fundamentally wrong, or perhaps you are using an outdated version of Live?  If you can send me your log.txt I can probably make heads or tails of it, here's some info on where to find it:

@PremEyE:  I can confirm #2, and I think it's the same issue as #1 at it's root.  I'm not sure if it's the script causing this or a firmware problem, but I'll get it sorted and get back to you.  Thanks for reporting :)

a

• Will do once I get home, but I do believe I have the most current version of 9, my BaseII script works

• Will do once I get home, but I do believe I have the most current version of live 9, my BaseII script works

• Ok, I'm confused then....you said that if you mapped the controls manually, then they worked, but if you started Live, nothing happened so my assumption is that the script isn't working.  Either way, a log.txt will show me what your setup is, so it's still useful.

a

• edited September 2014

Yeah that is what I was saying haha, sorry for the confusion. I was mainly trying to ask how would one map the encoder to change tracks.

Edit: @amounra Sent you the log.txt
  • @amounra did you find anything?

• edited October 2014

hello hello, this thread seems to be be devoted to software and integration issues, but I suspect my problem may be hardware based. I am attempting to use the Ds1 one with the livid master fader, as the jacks are incompatible size i'm using an aux cable and a 1/8th-1/4inch adaptor to connect them, but inserting the plug or actually manipulating the fader will cause all the led's to short out and the power-on light sequence to run again. I'm thinking that this issue is due to the fact that i'm not using the the 9v adapter(advertised for optional LED Brightness). Any thoughts? thanks!

• You do not need the power supply to use the aux analog in. Are you sure that your adapter is a TRS 1/4" to 1/8th"? If it is a TRS the connector will be split into three sections, tip, ring, and sleeve.

• Hi Mark thanks very much, that was my exact problem. Unfortunately, now that Ableton is receiving the midi message from the input, I am unable to use Live9's midi map mode to map the crossfader, any suggestions?

• Do you have track and remote enabled for the DS1 controls input?

• ah, should've known. I disabled em when I was trying to get the preliminary script working and never toggled em. thanks again!