I'm a fresh CNTRL:R owner. I've been messing around with it for two days and I absolutely love it. There's still some things I would like to set up but I can't seem to figure out how. I'm using the CNTRL:R to control my ableton live sets. I've downloaded the latest python control script. I know how to use it but I'd like to make some changes.
This is how I'd like to set up my controller:
1) channel volumes on 4 left sliders
2) effects on 4 right sliders
3) Scene launch / Stop all / Navigate scene up / Navigate scene down -> on four lower right knobs
4) I want to see the length of my loop running in the sequence row (so I have a visual check for launching the next scene)
I was able to map the sliders by using abletons MIDI learn without any issue.
I was also able to change the 4 lower right knobs by using MIDI learn but I've got two problems here:
1) My shift button is now gone, can I map the shift button to another button?
2)I would like to change the colors of these four knobs. I tried the online editor and changed/saved new colors to these knobs. This worked, but whenever I open my liveset file it changes back to the old colors.
David August is using it exactly the way I want to use it:
Drumrack in the middle / sequence visual always running, launch scene mapped somewhere far lower right, volume on left sliders, effects on right sliders. These are the only things I want to use it for, all of the other knobs can be blanco/free for effects!
How do I set this up properly?
Thanks in advance!!