Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Internal Guitar Wing vs Brain Jr

I want to put guitar wing in my Strat with only the buttons showing through the pick guard. . Has anyone done this? Could I get the same functionality with Brain Jr? If so- what about the wireless bluetooth (which is essential)?

Comments

• Hi Thunderfingers,

A lot of our users have attached a guitar wing to their guitar including one who helped us design Guitar Wing.

Obviously, you want something a little more 'inside' the guitar, which I haven't seen anyone do.

The main advice I have if you do something like this sis that you should leave the battery a little room to expand if it gets hot. You always want to remember the Galaxy Note 7 disaster when enclosing Lithium Ion Batteries!

The BrainJr does not support Bluetooth, so it does not appear to be an option for you.

• It would have no effect.

BrainJr is a USB Device (not a USB Host), so it can only connect to USB Hosts, like a computer.. 

Brain Jr cannot Power or Host any USB Devices.
  • The device I refer to is designed to plug into a mid keyboard controller and connect to a computers bluetooth. Those keyboards are not hosts either.  Now the the connector does not have any power, that would be a problem but solved by connecting the required 5v to the appropriate pins.

Am I wrong?
  • Hi Thunderfingers,

That is not correct in the case of the WIDI Bud.
    That device is designed to plug into a computer.
    It can then connect to CME devices (and some other Bluetooth enabled Keyboards) using Bluetooth.