Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

IOS Accessibility Switch Control using guitar wing

edited January 26 in Software Discussion

Hi, I noticed I can assign bluetooth midi device buttons from the guitar wing to switches for IOS accessibility Switch control.

(IOS Preferences --> Accessibility-->Switch Control)
However: after turning switch control ON the buttons do not respond.
When assigning and using a keystroke on a apple bluetooth keyboard the switch control will work.

Quesion: I assume it's a matter of the difference between a keystroke and the output of a midi button on the guitar wing.
How do I set this up properly?

Cheers,

Gurbz
Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 30

Hi Gurbz,

From what I read in the documentation, this feature only supports HID commands (and not MIDI).
    I was not able to use Guitar Wing on it's own, but I was able to use a MIDI to Keystroke Converter (in this case midiStroke 1.4) to get Guitar Wing to Control items using Switch Control. 

After downloading midiStroke, I connected the computer to Guitar Wing, then I ran the app, and in the left hand panel I set up each Guitar Wing button.

0. In midiStroke, toward the bottom of the GUI, there is a drop-down box labled 'src', where I selected Guitar Wing's MIDI Port.

1. I pushed the '+' button on the left hand side, then changed the number to '36', and set the value to '0.
    - Value 0 sets it to trigger on 'release' of the button.

2. I pushed the '+' button on the right hand side, and set a keystroke for that button.

I then tested that the button worked with the 'Switch Control' feature, and then I moved on to the next button.
    (Note: Guitar Wing uses notes 36 through 49, and a few others.)

Let us know if we can help you more with this!

• This is friggin’ awesome support! Thanks so much, I ‘m gonna try this! Will be continued.