Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Livid CNTRL acting crazy

I don't know how to explain this but is like the controller is sending lots of data out of nowhere. I did a screen recording so I can show you guys the problem. 

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm having the same issue with my DS1 where I'm getting phantom MIDI messages sent from some sliders and knobs rendering it unusable. Even trying to map the not-buggy controls in Ableton is impossible since the phantom messages end up overriding my mappings sometimes

• edited August 18
    My guess is that the problem comes from somewhere else. I don't think the faders or the pads are broken, Maybe some from the electronics inside. I'm saying that because at one point I wasn't able to connect anymore the controller to the livid editor. I think it supposed to get connected even thou the controller was sending info out.

> hommepomme said: > I'm having the same issue with my DS1 where I'm getting phantom MIDI messages sent from some sliders and knobs rendering it unusable. Even trying to map the not-buggy controls in Ableton is impossible since the phantom messages end up overriding my mappings sometimes

• Hi danicroitor,

Most of that noise is from the expansion jacks.

Are your dip-switches turned into the down position on the back of the device?
    (This turns off all of those channels, so that they won't make noise.)

If they were turned down, does it look like the expansion jacks have shifted in the back? They are only tightened by the nuts on the 1/4" jacks. If those have come loose, it is possible the expansion board my have slid down, and may be touching the chassis. If you think that this may be the case, try pushing it up, and re-tighting the nuts.

If this was not the issue, one of the expansion jack ribbon cables may be loose or damaged.
    Let us know if we can help you more with this as you look into this issue!