Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Livid CNTRL decalibrated faders??

At the bottom of the fader and at the top, there are a few mm that doesn't do anything. I hope that the gif I've uploaded explains it. If not check this link  for a video demo. The same applies for the rotary knobs. They doesn't start to move the corespondent fader on ableton as soon as I start moving the fader on my livid controller.

It's a real pain since while playing live I cannot trust the faders on the controller.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Comments

• I do not believe so.
    These edges are a mechanical property of the faders and knobs on the device.

• edited August 9
    I don't think I understand what you were saying :) but ... I don't think that the faders are broken, I mean what are the chances that they all are like this?

> moon said: >

I do not believe so.
    These edges are a mechanical property of the faders and knobs on the device.

I don't think that the faders are broken, I mean, what are the chances that they all are like this?

• Are all CNTRL:R's like that? 

Yes, there were only two types of sliders used in Cntrl:R production.
    Their performance and feel were identical.

• Maybe dirt is a cause?

I bought a second hand CNTRL:R from an asshole claiming mint condition.
    When it arrived here it was a dirty mess on the inside.
    Had to open and clean all the faders. (Because they didn't react like it should in midi)
    2 of the faders were going mental in Ableton also.
    The cause was the soldering that wasn't solid anymore, so the slightest touch on the fader made the slider in Ableton go nuts.
    I purchased new (good qualiity faders) and replaced them, and now its working good.
    The two new faders are way better than the originals from Livid.

Hope this info helps you.

This issue is solved for me now, but now the rotary knobs in the middle show the same behavior.
    I'm afraid they need replacement as well.
    Guess its a combination of Livid not using top quality materials + some asshole ripping me off by sending a broken controller.
    Its an expensive controller, it should have better support and materials inside.
    I mean, wooden blocks inside the controller in order to keep everything in place? Come on, be serious guys.

Yeah, sorry, guess you hear lots of frustration in my post. :-) 

• Cntrl:R bodies were bent in a metal brake. 
    The blocks inside that compress everything together for Cntr:R are made of a custom plastic that is feels similar to wood.
    Our newer designs (DS1/ Base/ Base v2) have pockets for the PCB in in the endcaps, which eliminates the need for direct compression from the plastic spacer layer as is used in the Cntrl:R design.

You are correct that it is possible that those knobs may need replacement.

The sliders and knobs were very meticulously selected highest 'cycle count'  
    to cater to DJs and Dubstep artists who do a lot of quick turns from end to end.

However, the first Cntrl:R were released in 2012, so it is possible that unit is as much as six years old, and a touring artist could've used any of these individual knobs hundreds of thousands of times, or a less careful individual could've left the device in very humid conditions. Either scenario could viably could lead to the need for component replacement.