Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

2 Guitar Wings simultaneously?

Hi,

I am using GW for some time already and I must admit, I love it, this is the kind of controller I was looking for - no cables, no bulky floorboards <3 However - I am using 2 guitars in my live setup and, while remounting GW from one guitar to another is not a big problem really, I was thinking anyway about purchasing 2nd GW and using them simultaneously - one for each guitar - for bigger convenience during live shows. My question is - if it will work at all ;) The details such as setting the software to work with 2 controllers is not a problem, I am wondering if connecting 2 GWs to one laptop at time makes sense or are there any issues I should be aware of?

Comments

• (btw: Windows 10, connecting with GW's dongle)

• It will work,,,, but its tricky. You'll need to open two editor windows  and connect one GW with usb, then plug other usb and hit connect with the other editor and choose the other GW from pop-up.,,, and leave both editors open,,,, Oh and cross your fingers. (probably your the one on your picking hand. Like I mention, its tricky. It would be nice if we could get That new editor update, they're suppose to have any day///year? 

• > kalisz said: > (btw: Windows 10, connecting with GW's dongle)

> kalisz said: > Hi,

I am using GW for some time already and I must admit, I love it, this is the kind of controller I was looking for - no cables, no bulky floorboards <3 However - I am using 2 guitars in my live setup and, while remounting GW from one guitar to another is not a big problem really, I was thinking anyway about purchasing 2nd GW and using them simultaneously - one for each guitar - for bigger convenience during live shows. My question is - if it will work at all ;) The details such as setting the software to work with 2 controllers is not a problem, I am wondering if connecting 2 GWs to one laptop at time makes sense or are there any issues I should be aware of?

Forgot to mention, their are issues when using one laptop,,, etc... One of the two editor windows wont allow you to save or load. And while connecting the second GW, it will probably show-up as unknown. (device that is)

• Let me correct something. Its been awhile that Ive used both at the same time,,, because of the editor not showing me the options in full or not at all (don't know why, but this is the same on any computer and Windows OS Ive used) But you can save and load with both editors,,,, If one doesn't highlight the save option, switch that GW off and back on (not the editor) then click connect and that editor should be good to go also. Hope that helps.

• edited May 14

Hi Kalisz, 

I use two together very frequently.

With newer Guitar Wing's, the USB Receiver's will stay bonded to one specific Guitar Wing, so getting connected is simple (in that you don't have to do anything other than plug in the USB Receiver).

As 02DropD mentioned, when using the Guitar Wing Editor, you will need to select which Guitar Wing from a popup (after pressing the 'connect' button).  
    Even if you use Bluetooth-MIDI through Audio MIDI Settings, you can still just rename the devices as I describe below, so that you can easily tell them apart.

Renaming:
    In MacOS, I use 'Audio MIDI Settings' 'MIDI Settings Window' to rename each device, so that I can more easily tell them apart.
    (For full compatibility with all software you should keep 'Livid' and 'Guitar Wing' as part of the device name).
    'Livid Guitar Wing Black'
    'Livid Guitar Wing Red'
    (I also color code my Guitar Wing's by placing a piece of colored electrical tape on each one to match it's name.)