Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Brain V2 Configure Not Opening Properly

Hello,

I own a Brain Jr. and have been using Brain Configure V2 for s few years. Everything has always worked well with it, but as of a few weeks ago the software stopped opening properly. I get a striped out window with all of the sections of the software labeled as (comment) (panel) (jit.cellblock) (pane) (textbutton) etc. Nothing is working properly, and I noticed in the "Max Window" it shows a lot of missing objects and saying comment: no such object. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, and still no luck. Hoping someone can help me out.

Thank you!

-Josias

Comments

• Hi Josias,

Did a macOS update automatically uninstall Java 6 perhaps?
    That is the most common reason for this type of problem.

If so, you can the link for that download on our Wiki.

• edited December 2018

I will try this out and let you know, thank you!

• I'm having the same problem and I reinstalled java, and it didn't work

• Livid may have to update the software, because I’m having the same problem!

• Try throwing away the preferences file, this has worked for me recently.  

~/Library/Application Support/Brain V2 Configure Preferences

a
  • I’ll try this out and let you know if it works! Thanks so much!

-Josias

• > amounra said: > Try throwing away the preferences file, this has worked for me recently.  

~/Library/Application Support/Brain V2 Configure Preferences

a

Tried deleting the preferences file, but I was unable to locate it in the directory you provided. I couldn't find "Brain V2 Configure Preferences". Is the file located somewhere else? I tried re-installing configure, but still no luck.
  • Should be there....that's the only place it would go.  You're looking in the right Library?  Make sure you're looking in the one inside your User Library (that's what the ~ symbol means, so it would be /WhateverYourSystemDriveIsNamed/Users/YourUserName/Library/etc......)

a
  • Hey thanks for your quick response, I believe I'm checking in the right library, but I'm still not finding that folder. Maybe the software isn't downloading correctly? Here's a picture:

• Your library folder is hidden.  You can get there directly by pressing shift + command + G and typing in the path:  "~/Library".

Or you can change your view defaults, here's some info:

a

• It worked! Thank you so much for your help, I’ve been having to use an older computer in order for configure to work. Much appreciated amounra!

-Josias