Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Outdated software at lividserver.com

Hi everybody!

To whom it may concern:
I'm Sema, the owner of jazz-soft.net and the developer of Jazz-Plugin.
Lately, I've seen complains from my visitors that that Livid Editor does not work in new browsers.
As I have noticed, the website is using an outdated Jazz-Plugin API that is no longer supported in the latest Chrome and Firefox.

If the person reading this is a developer at lividserver.com,
please consider switching from Jazz-Plugin API to a newer JZZ.js API -
It is compatible with Jazz-Plugin, with native Web MIDI API, and with the web extensions for the latest Chrome and Firefox.
I believe the code changes will be minimal - just substitute the Jazz-Plugin function calls with the JZZ functions.

Thank you!

Comments

• edited March 9

Hi Sema,

Yes, we provide a downloadable version that works with the new API.

However, when we try to the new version on our server, it seems that Jazz/ Web-MIDI looks for MIDI Ports on the server instead of on the Clients computer. For this reason, the old 'NPAPI' using online editor is still the version live on our web server.

If you have any input regarding that, let me know!
  • JZZ can work both on client side and server side. Make sure the script is included at the correct side.

• Please contact me by email or at http://jazz-soft.org/ if you need help.

• As a user, I am unable to use the editor on Windows 7

I wasn't able to configure it on Firefox 60 nor in Chrome 66

Safari used to work fine (and it does on my mac), but I can't use the editor at home. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Possibly. I tested in both of these browsers on Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS Sierra, and Ubuntu 16.04 last week.

So for the sake of this thread, we've fixed the server versions, and you can now run the app online again.
    ==================================================
    1. Make sure you have downloaded all of the current versions of the System Requirements for your browser as listed here.

2. Open the current link (it has changed!)

- note you may have to click the icon at the left side of your address bar to enable the web-page to access MIDI Devices.
    (Usually, this shows up as an automatic pop-up, but the pop-up may not display based on your browser settings).

===================================================
    If you continue to have troubles, send over a screenshot of what you see when you load the Online Editor, or further describe what is happening.

• I was using the old editor.

With the link you sent I was able to use it fine on Windows 7 and macOS High Sierra, I will try it later on Ubuntu as well

Thank you!