Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Minim Firmware 176 never finishes -wipes out original firmware

I had firmware 172 on my Livid Minim controller and saw a firmware release app for iphone. I installed it and attempted to update. It ended up deleting my current firmware but has not been able to finish updating to the new version. It does about 10% and never finishes using iphone 6.

I dont have windows10 nor itunes on a mac that I can use.  
How can I recover any firmware on my minim? 
Is there a standard windows updater that I can use a usb cable with instead of trying to do it over bluetooth and spending hours with it never finishing?

Can somebody help me since this firmware updater for ios is not working on my iphone 6.

Comments

• Do you have a PC? and if so what OS? It doesn't have to be Win 10,,,, Win 7 will do.

• I have windows 7. I've tried again multiple times, i get as far as about 20%, I made sure phones is set not to lock screen, it is sitting right next to it. Doesn't seem to have a bt connection problem, it just wont upload firmware.

• > 02DropD said: > Do you have a PC? and if so what OS? It doesn't have to be Win 10,,,, Win 7 will do.

Sorry,, my Bad! about Win7 You still need USB 4,,,

I have 2 Guitar Wings, and cant get them to use BLE on a Surface Pro 4, Until the new FW update, (That was going to be released every week ,for the last 3 or 4 month's)???? Anyway the GW has a USB stick... but I ran into the same thing, on one of my updates, it would hang for ever, at every try, and I thought I was screwed, because of a couple hours of this my battery completely died, so I plug a charger in,  the GW started flashing and then the update just came unhung from where it was and finished on its own. anyway I wouldn't bet that a Win 10 device would even work? as you'd probably need a FW update to update your FW,,, ?  You might try turning the Minim off and back on, when it hangs...?  

• Also, I haven't seen a response to anything on here for some time, so don't hold your breath.

• I guess moon is still here,,, HUM I guess I must have been taken off the notice list> 02DropD said: > Also, I haven't seen a response to anything on here for some time, so don't hold your breath.

NEVER MIND. I guess moon is still here,,, HUM I guess I must have been taken off the notice list.

• 10th time is the charm. I finally updated it. This time it went in about 10-15 minutes. Crisis averted however I'll be wary before I do another firmware update and make sure i dont need it the next day.

• @chrisnunchuck  - just trying it again made it work?