Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Guitar Wing MIDI Mapping - Can't get buttons to work

edited January 27 in Hardware

I must be missing something. I can not get any buttons other than that four round pads to control anything in my apps.

I am using Yonic ToneStack on an iPad. While I can map the round pads and sliders to just about anything, I can not get the rectangular light-up buttons or the black plastic buttons to control anything.

I have used the editor to change them to notes, to CC and everything else I can think of. I even set them to the same settings as teh round pads but they still have no effect in my app.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hi Tracy,

It appears that the app only accepts CC Messages. You likely want some advanced features, so in Guitar Wing Editor open the 'Advanced' section.

If you want a button to act like a button/ key (just an on-off message), then set the 'Key' mapping to 'cc'.
    - and set the 'Control' mapping to 'none'

If you want a button to act like a continuous controller (and send velocity updates continuously while the button is held), then set the 'Control' mapping to 'cc'
    - and set the 'Key' mapping to 'none'

If you'd like more help, just let us know!