Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Encoder and potentiometer for brain jr.

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I would like to know which encoders and potentiometer work with the brain jr. e.g. specification or examples would be welcome.
Is there an in-depth manual for the brain? So far I have seen the brain jr. Livid wiki.
Thanks for your help
Philip

Comments

• Hi moon,
    thank you for your fast and helpful reply.
    So turning the encoder about 360 degrees, will it cover the MIDI 0-127?
    Regards
    Philip

P.S. I am quite exited to build my own 32 encoder/poti controller with 2 brain jr. around my ipad pro, since there is nothing available like that. If I suceed, I will post the pictures.

• Hi Moon,
    it just works great. I do appreciate the hard- and software you provide. Easy to use.
    Regards
    Philip

• Hi Moon,
    using the analog potis works fine.
    However trying to use the encoder after wiring them as shown the brain produces MIDI notes and volume 0-127 but in CC mode there is nothing going on. Am I doing something wrong? I have tried everything.
    Would like to send a screenshot of the editor, but these seems to be not possible.
    Type:CC
    enc? yes
    enc mode: either cc or +/- does not change anything
    Regards
    Philip

• I have two Brain jr. So I tried the other one and everything is okay with that one, means the first one is damaged. Is there a dealer in Europe? Or can you help?
    Regards
    Philip

• I got help from your support and updated the firmware; now it runs smoothly.
    Is the brain V2 available?