Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Livid Block, Setting MIDI Channel (with no SysEx)

Hello everyone. I'm still trying to make my Block work as a DAW controller. 

Is there any way I can assign a note on/off signal to route the global output toward a selected MIDI channel? 
Let's say I want something like this: 8 notes from D0 to A0, on every and each channel (1-16), are assigned to route the global output toward a defined channel (i.e. pressing D0 on any channel (1-16) -> Block's global output switches to ch. 1, pressing D#0 on any channel -> Block's global output goes on ch. 2, and so on). 

Been trying Midipipe, but unfortunately I don't have time to go deeper into SysEx and so on. 
Seems to me that the Livid editor would only let me switch between presets, like a bank up/down button.
Any other way to accomplish this?

Comments

• Ok, so there's something in the Livid Wiki which seems to refer to global MIDI output channel change.
    I still don't see if I can assign a specific note to a specific channel (i.e. D0 -> switches Block to channel 1 , D#0 -> switches Block to channel 2 , and so on)

Also, very basic question, where do I use the SysEx commands in the Livid editor?

• no, channels are global unfortunately.