Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Updated Live (to 9.6.2) and MaxForLive - OhmRGB Slim not working!!

Hi guys,

Sorry if a solution has been posted elsewhere, I'm useless with stuff like this and always encounter problems or find the guides near-on impossible to follow! I've had nightmares with gear before but this is the first problem I've had with the Ohm. It started when I updated my Ableton to 9.6.2 along with Max For Live and some other bits.

Livid OhmRGB or Modes, etc don't show in the Control Surface dropdown in Live's MIDI section despite me having downloaded the new Ohm Modes scripts and the new firmware for the unit having apparently been installed. The scripts themselves do appear in the MIDI scripts within my Live package contents, but not within Live itself.

When it's plugged in some of the white LED's show indicating it's on, but none of the coloured 64 pads light up and the unit isn't picked up in Ableton (no red box around my parts/channels).

I've no idea how to program or re-write the MIDI manually, as I said above; I'm useless with this kinda thing! 

Apologies if I don't make much sense, my brain's fried from this evenings latest episode of f*ckery!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm just downloading or reading the same things over and over and getting no further!  

Thanks very much, 
Kez

Comments

• Hi Kez, 

We have a forum post dedicated explicitly to this upgrade as a sticky post in our forums.

Here's a direct link:

Basically, you need to install the updated scripts manually.

You can download the newest versions of our Ableton Live Scripts here:
    https://github.com/aumhaa/m4m7

What to download:
    There are detailed instructions available at the above link.
    Specifically, you will need to copy all the folders inside the 
    m4m7/Python Scripts 
    directory in to Live’s MIDI Remote Scripts folder.

You will also need to copy the folder for your individual product from 
    m4m7/Livid Python Scripts 
    to Live's MIDI Remote Scripts folder.

Overwrite any folders that we have previously installed there.

Where Live's MIDI Remote Scripts folder is at:
    • Macintosh – Right click on the Live application icon and select show package contents. Put the Base folder in Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts
    • Windows - Put the folders in:
      • Live 8: C:\Program Files\Ableton\Live 8.x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts
      • Live 9: C:\Program Data\Ableton\Live 9.x.x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts
    Complete Folder List:
    All of the following directories should be directly in the MIDI Remote Scripts directory when you are done:

Livid_Alias8_v2
    Livid_CNTRLR_v2
    Livid_DS1_v2
    Livid_GuitarWing_v2
    Livid_Minim
    Livid_OhmModes_v2

aumhaa
    Debug
    Codec