Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

When will I be able to use the MInim on Windows 7 or Android please?

I got the Minim but it's useless without being able to use Ableton Live or Minim Music lab. When will either of these two be available on either platform please?

Comments

• Hello Moon, just following up on the possible Windows 10 integration possibly this month. Is it still a plan for this month, or is it still being worked on? Thanks!

• Thanks Moon! Excited to get to use my Minim on Windows!

• Hey Moon, I asked Ableton in October if they planned on Supporting the Minim, but got this response. It's great to see you guys have the update working in Windows, thanks for your hard work!

Hi Beau, 

thanks for contacting Ableton Support.

Please understand that we can not make any statements regarding future versions or implementations. Resources can change as same as priorities in development.

I'm very sorry that I can only offer you this disappointing answer.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any further questions or concerns.
  • > Moon said: > Hi Beau,

A small update for you here...
    we do have the firmware update software running on Windows, and we are putting in the finishing touches.
    Ableton Live however, does not support the new Windows 10 MIDI System that is required for Bluetooth MIDI yet.
    We are currently looking into alternative solutions in that regard.

Hello Moon, are you guys still planning on releasing a Minim editor for Windows soon? I've upgraded to Windows 10 at least for now. 

• edited December 2016

Hey Moon, thanks for the update! I will wait, glad to see the firmware releasing soon! Is this firmware an .EXE file I would download and install directly in Windows, that would allow Bluetooth MIDI capability? It would include a Bluetooth MIDI driver as well?

• edited January 11

Hey Moon, am I able to use the Minim in Ableton Live or in Windows 10 as a USB device for now?

• Thanks for that Moon, how are things going with the Windows 10 firmware update? Let me know if you need someone to help test. It's great to see you're heavily active on the discussion board, is it just you from Livid or are others here as well?

• Hello Justin,

I've been follwing this thread in stealth mode for a while, rooting for Windows 10 Bluetooth MIDI version coming :P

However I have issues when trying the Windows version of firmware updater.

It does connect successfully to minim, identify firmware correctly (175 on minim, 176 for update) and says length is good.
    Then I click update, which shows me the image on how to get the update going (pressing either of the side buttons).

When I press one of the buttons, the led snake patterns starts and the firmware updater goes back to the main window.
    Then the connection to minim seems to get cut (one corner led starts blinking on the minim, and firmware updater says minim disconnected), and reconnects after about 5 seconds (led goes solid, and updater says minim reconnected).

After that it says starting firmware update, but nothing changes.
    led snake patterns is still going on, but the update bar on the firmware updater doesn't move.

Can you please help me out ?
    Reciprocally, I'm all yours if you need more details, files etc...

Thanks in advance !

• Hi !

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it.

Distance to computer seems indeed to matter (more than 6 ft and things get slower), however it doesn't change the result even 1 ft away.

Performing your second bit of advice doesn't do the trick either, it does say "reconnected to device... starting firmware update", but again the progress bar doesn't move and even if I wait 10 minutes nothing happens (serpentine on minim still going on during those 10 minutes fyi).

I'll try to test it on another computer and keep you posted, if you get another idea I'm all ears but don't bother too much in the meantime.

Thanks again !

• Matty, I'll test the firmware updated too when I'm free! Thanks Moon for providing us this! 

• edited March 2

Hi Moon !

Sadly I had the same issue on other computers (I tried 2 on top of mine).
    I tried with different bluetooth dongles too (on top of computers bluetooth abilities), nothing does the trick and it's always the same behaviour.

I see in the firmware updater that there is the possibility to load a file, could this be attempted ?

In any case I'm at your disposal to help you troubleshoot or try something.

P.S: quick question maybe a bit off topic, if you don't mind answering, can the guitar wing USB dongle be used with minim ?
    I'm asking since the answer is yes, maybe I can try using it as bluetooth dongle to flash minim firmware.
  • Hi Moon,

Thanks a lot for your answer !

I was able to flash the firmware using guitar wing dongle & firmware update tool, so again thanks a lot :)

In any case I remain at your disposal if you want me to test an update of the minim firmware update tool.
  • edited March 15

Hi Moon,

Just a small side question if you don't mind.
    To increase Minim compatibility with Windows software, I guess there is the possibility to use a BT midi to USB adapter.
    Did you try some of those, and/or do you recommend one ?
    I quickly tried with the Guitar Wing one, but I guess it always expects a Guitar Wing and won't let Minim pair.
  • Hello Moon, I'm testing on Android right now. I'm using the Tab S2 on Android 7.1.1. None of the apps you listed are able to be installed from the google play store. MIDI BLE Connect, General MIDI Synthesizer, ect. I can pair through my bluetooth settings but that's it. Thanks for your help so far!

• Hi Moon,

Thanks a lot for all the information !
    I've been testing MIDIberry for a few days and it's been working reliably, that's great advice thanks.

Enjoy the ride :)