Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Omni RGB LED ASSIGNMENT IN LIVID BRAINV2 CONFIGURATION SOFTWARE.

HELLO Builders
 I was hoping some body can help me I have managed to build a controller which has 56 rotary encoders, 16 buttons,40 analogue buttons, 19 fsrs and a joy stick.
I have come to configuring the device using brain v2 configuration software .
all the elements of my build seem to be working fine however i have one huge problem.

My problem is that when I twist an encoder the rgb led lights up somewhere else on the 4 by 4  rgb omni board. For example if I twist encoder 2 the led  in position 3 on the board lights up, if twist encoder at position 3 then the led at position 5 lights up if I twist the encoder at position 4 then the led at position 7 lights up this carry's on throug out the board the  only exceptions being the encoders which sit at position 1 and 16 these encoders  control there own leds.

(position number = number printed on circuit board)

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

My thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi moon
    thanks for getting back to me.
    I have no led rings each of the encoders is  backlite using single rgb led on the rgb omni board. The problem is that each encoder is not controling its own led ( my idea was that the rgb led transitions through 7 colors as you send a midi value between 0 and 127 in essence I  have the rgb led  behaving like an led ring with 7 leds in it)

If we consider the rgb omni board each position of the rgb omni board is labelled 1 through to 16. and each of the encoders and the rgb leds  is being given the same number as it occupies on the rgb omni board.

So here is what is happening:
    encoder number                1 /2  /3 / 4/ 5 / 6  / 7  /8  / 9 /10 / 11 / 12/ 13 / 14 / 15 / 16
    rgb led  being controlled   1 /3 / 5 / 7/ 9 /11/ 13 /15/ 2 /4  /  6  /  8 / 10 /  12 / 14 / 16

what im trying to achieve is
    encoder number                1 /2  /3 / 4/ 5 / 6  / 7  /8  / 9 /10 / 11 / 12/ 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 
    rgb led  being controlled   1 /2  /3 / 4/ 5 / 6  / 7  /8  / 9 /10 / 11 / 12/ 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 

Just like to say thank you in advance to you or anyone else that may be of assistance.
    my regards
    doc.g4 

•  Moon you beauty encoders/leds  are responding as i would like thank you very very much. whoop whoop!!!!

If possible can you confirm for me which pin on the rgb omni  header  receives  signal from which encoder is it:

Pins 3,4,7 and 8 receive signal from encoder 1-4 and pins 5,6,9 and10 receive signal from encoders 9-12 for pin header encoders row 1/3
    OR
    Pins 3,5,7,and 9 receive signal from encoders 1-4 and 4,6,8and 10 receive signal from encoders 9-12

thank you once again

doc.g4

• Thank you very much for the info im going to try and see if its possible to hack encoder rows 1 and 2 together and run them using 1 button header.

thanks once again

g4