Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Base: setting fader colors via settings channel on different banks

Yesterday i discovered that it was possible to set the modes on colors of the faders via MIDI CC on the settings channel, not only via sysex, which is great.

When I send these CCs while the Base is on Bank 1, everything works out fine, and the colors are updated on bank 1. When i send them while on any other bank, things (colors) just start flying everywhere randomly.

I don't quite understand that google drive doc with the settings channel documentation, but i don't see a way to set colors on the other banks. Is there a way? If not, can i at least set the colors on bank1 while the device is on another bank somehow?
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm using Base (one). The online editor claims that it is the latest firmware (0.1.5.2).

So sending things on the settings channel is supposed to apply to whatever bank is currently selected on the device then?
  • Yes. When sending a color change while on bank 2 and up different controls like the pads or other faders change color. I have not yet figured out if it happens in a predictable manner or randomly.