Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Help me recover my stolen Ohm64

Hi folks,

I designed the Ohm64 electronics and firmware for Livid Instruments, way back from 2008 through 2009. The culmination of this effort was that Travis made an Ohm64 for me in a custom color combination that was never available otherwise. It has a black face, yellow LEDs, and a yellow-orange finish on the wood case with matching crossfader.

Unfortunately, this unit was stolen from my storage in Bellevue, then sold on eBay a few months later by a Seattle pawn shop. Some lucky buyer ended up with my baby. If you're that buyer, or you know them, then I'd appreciate a contact to arrange its return. Of course, I'd want to make sure that the buyer ends up with another Ohm64 so they can continue whatever projects they had in mind when bidding and winning the eBay auction, but you can imagine why this particular model has a special significance for me.

Any help would be appreciated (I have a Police Report to back up my claim, but Livid themselves can vouch for the fact that no other Ohm64 was made matching this description).

Brian

Comments

• :(

Keep my eye out.....any idea where the ebay sale was shipped to?

a

• Thanks. No idea where the eBay sale was shipped to. eBay respects privacy, so I couldn't get anything out of them, and the pawn shop stopped cooperating with the local police department. It's very suspicious.

• Looks like someone here wrote to be two weeks ago, so I'm going to follow up with them. I've got my fingers crossed that I can get back my original baby. As I said, Livid can vouch for my history and the provenance of this particular one-of-a-kind model.

• Man, I hope you get it back!

• Thanks! I'll try to keep you posted. I don't check this forum very frequently, though...

• edited April 2016

I just received my original Ohm64 yellow! A kind soul came here looking for support, noticed my posting, and after confirming all the details has returned my baby.

I'm now in the process of buying and shipping an OhmRGB as a replacement.

By the way, it passed through at least two people on eBay after being stolen: one in New Jersey and another in New York. I'm not even sure I have the full story, but I'm happy that she's back.

Thanks for the support, folks!