Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Brain V2 connection with Ableton live

Hi,

I was wondering how I get Ableton to pick up the midi data from the brain. I am getting signal data in the tools page in the config program but when I try to map the midi assignments in Ableton nothing happens. It comes up in the MIDI ports on the preferences page but it still doesn't work when I enable it. Any help would be appreciated!

-Adam Chase 

Comments

• edited March 2016

I'm on windows 10 by the way and my live version is 9.6

• Hey Adam,

First off, I would get a copy of snoize, or something similar. It's a midi sniffer that shows what messages are being sent by a device. Once I could see the messages coming in, I would then check in Ableton to that the confit is set up properly (Google will tell you how).

That should get you started with troubleshooting.

Regards, Robin.

• I will try the sniffer when I get home but in the mean time could you direct me to some links that will help me do that. I have googled around but I haven't found anything helpful about getting the brain to talk to the program.

Thanks
  • If you see the midi device in Ableton, it should be working fine. Here is a page on configure: http://sonicbloom.net/en/ableton-live-tutorial-how-to-set-up-your-midi-controller/

Try that and see how it works out.

• Oh I see what I might have done wrong. I had the config program open while I started up Live. The port text color was orange because another program (the config i'm guessing) was using it. I will update when I get home from school.

• I got it working!