Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Ohm RGB pad toggle mode feedback

Hi,

The question is about Ohm RGB controller. 

I don't own the said controller but looking into getting one. My question is, when I put a pad in toggle mode, can I switch it on and off externally? So, say I put a pad in toggle mode and press it. It is now in ON state and lit. Can I then send a MIDI message TO that pad with velocity 0 to switch it off? I know I can do whatever I want with Ohm's lights, but what about the toggle state? 

On a side note, are Ohm RGB and Ohm RGB Slim completely the same functionality-wise? Would the answer to this question be the same for both controllers? 

Thanks,

Ivan
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for this Justin,

Do you know the answer to my main question though? When a pad on the ohm controller is in the toggle mode, can I switch its state (on/off) externally, by sending it a midi message?

Thanks, Ivan

• Are you sure? Just got the email from livid support saying that I can do this.

I keep getting different answers for what seems to be a basic question. Would be very grateful if someone with a controller can verify this. To recap. I have an on/off toggle switch in my patch mapped to an ohm pad in toggle mode. I press the pad on ohm, it sends value 127(or smth) and the switch is on. Now I press a reset button in my patch and everything including my switch goes to off position. Is this reflected in the controller? If I press the pad, will it still send velocity 0 or 127, reflecting the change?