Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Base Scripts Not Appearing in Live 9.6 Preferences

Hi!

I Just updated to live 9.6 and I cant use my Base controller on Ableton since I can't select the Base in the control options. It doesn't show on the list of controllers
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm having the same issue!

• You won't see them until we update our installers with new scripts and you install them.  Look for some updates next Monday.

Most Live updates these days bring the unfortunate side-effect of breaking all of our scripts.  We can't release new ones until we get the final build of Live, and we don't get that until you do.  So it takes me several days to get everything up to speed after a Live release.

There are working versions of the scripts in our github repository (beta fork) if you need something before we release updates, otherwise the best I can recommend is to revert back to Live 9.5 for the time being.

It's the price of progress.

a

• I thoroughly enjoyed the three days that elapsed between me figuring out how to get my Base working with 9.5 and Ableton automatically updating to 9.6! Thanks in advance for the coming updates. In the mean time I'll create the most brilliant manual Base mapping ever.

• You can turn off the auto-update for the future in your Ableton settings.

• Thanks again for updating the script!!! Question.. Could you send out an updated illustrated guide or video as to how the new script is affecting the way that the controller (base2) interacts with live9.6. I'm finding that there are parameters that aren't addressed in the older illustrated guide or video that are causing the launch mode to be disabled , I'm having to exit the live set and restart it in order to continue using it .. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again!!

• edited February 2016

There are some serious bugs still present in the current scripts....consequently, I'm rebuilding the scripts from the ground up using current API methods.  You'll probably see something towards the end of next week if everything goes well, thanks for your patience :D

a

• Thank you I'll keep my eyes peeled:)

• I've pushed the most current build of Basev2 to github, please check it out and let me know if you find any bugs before we release it next week:

a
  • > amounra said: > I've pushed the most current build of Basev2 to github, please check it out and let me know if you find any bugs before we release it next week:

Thanks. Does this also work for Base v1??

• Yes indeed....that's what I built it on (I still use my Base v1.....I like the compactness :D )

a

• I've pushed a new version, it fixes a couple of bugs.

a

• Thanks! .. Question .. Do I do any thing else besides download and install with the default Mac installer? Do j have to get rid of a previous version or does the download override the older version?

• We don't have an installer for the newest scripts  yet, you'd need to install them manually into your MIDI Remote Scripts folder.  Otherwise, it's pretty straightforward.....just use the script with _v2 after it ("Livid Base v2") instead of the one you've been using.  For Base, you really only need to move the "aumhaa" and "Livid_Base_v2" folders over into Live's MIDI Remote Scripts folder.  Here's a link to the zip of our github repository:

Also, this won't prevent you from using the older, v1 scripts; for the moment, we haven't removed them.

a

• i got it ! thanks so much for your help with this, how can i know when you've finished updating everything for base2? will you post an updated visuals page so that i can know what changes have been made to how the controller responds to live 9.6? thanks again i know this takes time.

• We'll post a new installer as soon as I can confirm that all the scripts are working.

There shouldn't be any changes.  Unless I missed something (all the changes are internal....you shouldn't really notice a thing).  In that regard, if you notice something that doesn't work according to the documentation, please let me know and we'll either update the docs or the script :)

One thing that DID change, there's no longer a "DrumRack" mode....."DrumPad" does everything "DrumRack" used to do.

a

• Sweet!! Thanks I really appreciate it!

• What does the aumhaa folder do?

• aumhaa/ is the common framework that all of our scripts use (as well as my own work).  It's analogous to the _Framework/ and ableton/ folders.....it's not a separate control surface, but contains support files for all of them.

a
  • Any word on the base2 updates/installer?

• I believe the current posted installer has the most recent scripts in it.  

• Question.. I'm noticing that the script you had me download for base2 isn't allowing me to select the returns the way you select a track (small touch pad above the sliders) . I'm having to select the return with my computer and then adjust the parameters of the return with base ...

• israel said: Question.. I'm noticing that the script you had me download for base2 isn't allowing me to select the returns the way you select a track (small touch pad above the sliders) . I'm having to select the return with my computer and then adjust the parameters of the return with base ...

israel said: Question.. I'm noticing that the script you had me download for base2 isn't allowing me to select the returns the way you select a track (small touch pad above the sliders) . I'm having to select the return with my computer and then adjust the parameters of the return with base ...

• Sorry I thought I'd replied to this.  I see the problem you're talking about, and I can fix it but it will be Monday or Tuesday before I'll have the time.  Feel free to bug me if you don't see it by then ;)

a

• Great!! Thanks:) there's a couple other things that I noticed that I'll make mention of once I can get to my comtroller ...

• Hello, did you happen to check out the "returns"issue? How do I check for the update?

• I've been swamped, and haven't been at home for more than 15 minutes at a time for the last couple of weeks....but I'm scripting for the next two nights so hopefully you'll see an update in github tonight or tomorrow....sorry for the delay, this is the busiest time of year for me :(

a

• No worries and thanks so much for all of your help ... I'm working around limitations of the controller just fine right now so no pressure, maybe just a heads up once it's done:)? I'll check GitHub tomorrow:) thanks for everything!!!!

• Hey there, I can't update the script on github until I determine if the behavior has actually changed between the v2 version and the original version, but to get the return tracks onto the main mixer, you can change line 795 of Base.py file from this:

self._session_ring = SessionRingComponent(num_tracks = 8, num_scenes = 4)

to this:

self._session_ring = SessionRingComponent(num_tracks = 8, num_scenes = 4, tracks_to_use = lambda : self.song.visible_tracks + self.song.return_tracks)

Let me know if you have any trouble getting that working!

a

• Awesome thanks!!! Is the base.py file accessible through the base on the base site ? Just making sure.. I'm new at this but eager to learn .. Thanks for all of your help!!!

• If you're currently using the script, then it's installed in Live's app bundle.  Are you using Windows or OS X?

Either way, its inside MIDI Remote Scripts folder:

MIDI Remote Scripts/Livid_Base_v2/Base.py

It's a good idea to make a backup of the file (maybe just copy it to your desktop or something) before mucking about with it just in case you need to revert to the original.  You can edit it with any standard text editor, and you'll need to restart Live before the changes take effect.  Let me know if you need more info, glad to help!

a