Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Brain Jr/Brain V2 Sysex Implantation (Again!)

Ok some one please help me!

Here is my situation....

I want to to send sysex messages to a hardware synth (i.e. korg dw 8000 ,ensoniq esq-1,SCI Six Trak, Kawai K3) to adjust the parameters 

Now the question is where do i enter the sysex messages that are in the back of the synth manuals into the Brain and how do i assign them CC values (pots, encoders,and buttons,) from the Brain into the sysex message? 

Below Is an example from the Korg DW 8000 manual using the cutoff parameter.

F0 42 30 03 41 15 00 3f F7 <-------  how to plug the slider or knob cc value into the middle of a SysEx message?

HexDescription
F0Exclusive status
42Manufacturer ID: 42 = Korg
3nWhere n = the MIDI channel of your DW-8000: 30 = channel 1...3f = channel 16
03Device ID: 03 = DW-8000
41Message: 41 = parameter change
15Parameter offset: 15 = VCF cutoff
mmParameter value: 00 to 3f, which would be the value from the slider scaled to 0-63
F7End-of-message

Please forgive me for my ignorance, but please be as constructive as possible.

Comments

• Hi xox07,

There is no way to send Sysex Messages directly from the Brainv2 like you desire.
    You can probably achieve this with the help of a MIDI Translation software:
    - Windows: Bome's MIDI Translator
    - OS X: MIDI Pipe

Cheers,
    Justin

• Thanks Justin, I figured that much. Will there ever be any plans to do this? For those of us that want to control hardware.

• For the BrainJr and Brainv2, I do not think so.
    For the next generation of Brain products, we are going to look into it.

• Thanks moon! That would be rad. In the mean time is there any way to send midicc to a hardware synth ?

• Sure, any of the Brainv2's controls can output pretty much any CC, 

and all of Brainv2's Controls are output to it's MIDI Jacks, if the Merge MIDI Output feature is enabled.
    Just make sure 'MIDI Merge' is enabled in the Brainv2 Configure App (and 'Save' if you want to make sure it always stays on).