Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Update to Editor? Doesn't seem to work in any current browsers.

Is any work being done to update the Online Editor or produce an alternative to it?

As is there is no longer any way to enable NPAPI plugins in chrome, so the JAZZ MIDI plugin cannot be loaded.

I've tried the editor in Firefox, Opera, and even Internet Explorer to no luck- while the plugin is loaded and I am able to select the Base2 port, nothing shows where normally the layout image sits and there is nothing printed out to the MIDI Monitor panel.

Comments

• I see this when other MIDI apps using the Base2 are running. If I exit those apps, or temporarily unassign the Base2 in them, and reload the page then I get the full editor layout.

• > lowshelf said: > I see this when other MIDI apps using the Base2 are running. If I exit those apps, or temporarily unassign the Base2 in them, and reload the page then I get the full editor layout.

Ahhh- got it. Working fine in Opera and Firefox now-- thanks so much lowshelf,

• Yes it works in Firefox except that some settings don't seem to work on some pads for example I have some pads ignoring  the fact that I unchecked 'fixed velocity' for all of them... Also, as noticed by other users, if you ask the pads to send CC only, they still send notes. This or a hardware default...

• Any thought of updating the editor to not use NPAPI? I'm running latest Chrome on OS X - can't run the editor, as NPAPI is no longer supported at all.

I notice that JAZZ plugin has a new .js file that will let the pages work using Chrome's MIDI JS interface (and hence no plugins). Don't know if SysEx works through that ... but could you update to that?

I really don't want to have to run Firefox just for this, nor do I want to run JAZZ's installers (I poked inside them and they install multiple packages and look not well packaged... Ick!)

• You'll be happy to hear that we are working on new standalone editors for all of our products. The DS1 editor is being released now, and the BASE// will be next. For now Firefox or an older version of chrome is your best bet.