Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

How to send midi message for start stop and tap tempo from guitarwing to BeatBuddy (drum pedal)

Hi there

I am using the guitarwing as a drum controller of a BeatBuddy drum pedal via a Kenton midi host.
I was able to map some of the buttons to different instruments - now I want to control midi start/stop and tap tempo.
The BeatBuddy pedal is syncronized with eg the BOSS rc-300 and Arturia BeatStep (step seqencer and controller) without any problems.
If I change tempo on those controllers BeatBuddy syncronizes well.

Can you please tell me how to program the guitar wing controller to send midi start/stop and tap tempo messages? - Or will I have to ask for help in the BeatBuddy forums? 

Cheers Måns (Danish guitarist)
Tagged:

Comments

• I found out that BeatBuddy sends and recieves MIDI Clock (0xF8), MIDI Start (0xFA) and MIDI Stop (0xFC).

What I need to know is how to insert these hexadecimal values as control signals for buttons on the GuitarWing.

Cheers
  • This is what my rig looks like:

My (danish) guitar wiki: LuftGuitar/#GuitarWing & BeatBuddy 

Cheers
  • Hi Justin

This is very good news indeed :-)
    Thank you very much for working on this feature.
    I will wait and see what you come up with in October :-)
    Btw. Sometimes (very seldom though) the BeatBuddy sequencer pedal will start playing when it is paused and I play drum instruments from the GuitarWing. 
    I don't think this seemingly random activation of the sequencer is related to midi messages from the GuitarWing. 
    I guess it is the BeatBuddy pedal which is having hickups of some kind.

Thanks again. I look forward for the next update.

Yours Sincerely Måns Mårtensson
  • Hi Justin

Is the update postponed untill later - or have I missed it?

Cheers Måns Mårtensson
  • Hi Justin

Great job!!

Thanks a lot.
    I'm looking forward to see if this feature update will solve some of my problems.
    I'll be back with comments as soon as possible.

Cheers Måns Mårtensson