Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

CNTRL:R Modifier Button?

Hi,

Is it possible to have a button act as a modifier function (aka SHIFT)? Other buttons would output a different message depending on the condition of the modifier button.

Thank you,
Mark 
Tagged:

Comments

• Do not know if CNTRL:R has ability to switch the nidi bank via MIDI command. If so, setting up the Shift button should be possible.

• Hi Immersive,

My name is Mike and I am a CNTRL:R user as well. In what situation do you want to be able to use a (shift) modifier button and with what software (if any)?

It is definitely possible but depends on how and with what you are using the CNTRLR.

• I am using the CNTRL:R with Serato DJ. Unfortunately, Serato does not open up any functionality to use a software modifier. 

As for using Bank Cycle, this is not ideal for my situation. I want controls to return to Bank 1 as soon as the modifier button is released.

Will the MIDI Sysex Message work in this way?

Thank you,
    Mark
  • Hey Moon,

I think you guys should really come up with a video tutorial on how to send Sysex messages for Livid stuff as most people find information in Wiki a bit confusing. Including me haha

• edited June 2015

Moon,

As per Stevan's comment, can you point me in the right direction on how to accomplish sending a Sysex message to achieve what I'm trying to do for a button that modifies other controls when held down and another button is pressed?

Much appreciated!
    Mark