Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Synth Stepp:r Scale Modes Question

Hi,

I am using Synth Stepp:r as a sequencer for my OP-1 (via external instrument device), and I really like it except that I am having a hard time understanding the Scale Modes for punching in notes. I can't seem to get a solid two octaves of ionian major key. I'm using the Stepp:r with OhmRGB and OhmModes2.

So for example, if I just drag in the Synth Stepp:r into a track, the row of notes I get is this:
C3 D3 E3 F3 G3 A3 B3 C4 D4 E4 F#4 G4 A4 B4 C5 D5

The wiki page states that the scale always defaults to major key, but I can't seem to get rid of that one sharp note (always note number 11 in the 16 available notes). Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Wow, that's really strange....I'll have a look asap, probably later tonight.  Thanks for letting us know, hopefully it's something silly I can fix easily.

a

• I've confirmed your bug, I'm going to have to dig into it on Sunday and see if I can find a solution.  I'll keep you posted, thanks for reporting this.

a

• Hi @amounra

Thanks for looking into this! I'll stay tuned.

m
  • Found the error, and I've updated in the mod repository with the fix.  It may take a few days to get a package together for distribution (depends on other's schedules as well).  Are you using Max6 or Max7?

a

• Let me know if this works for you, if all is well then we'll pack it up and put it in the installer:

Cheers :)

a

• Hi @amounra

Thanks for helping with this! I will definitely check this out later tonight and get back to you.

m
  • Hi @amounra

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the version from the link you posted to activate. The Stepp:r interface stays stuck on the message that says "Synth Stepp:r requires an Instrument...." even if there is an Instrument present in the track. Just let me know if I may be doing something wrong on that!

Also, I am using Max6.

Thanks,
    m
  • Hey cmhix, 

Sorry, that one's a dud.  I'm having trouble rebuilding the frozen file in my current Max installation (on several different computers, no less....).  This may take me a minute, I'll let you know when I get it worked out.  It's kind of frustrating, I only need to change a single digit in the code, but for some reason Max won't refreeze the file correctly.  One interim solution is to install mod (https://github.com/aumhaa/mod   ...the readme contains all the details about how to install the files) and use the unfrozen synthsteppr from my distribution.  Sorry for the trouble.

a