Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Foot stomping trip wire with velocity?

Hi everyone,

My Brain (2) is on order!

But my other brain had some thoughts. 
I wouldn't mind doing something like the:

Finhol Laser Kick

It basically a short range laser trip wire.

I figure this would be super simple with a brain.  Add a laser or ir led and an a opto receiver.  Generate some midi when the laser is tripped and let software in the PC handle the sync.

So that would be easy with a Brain 2

But then I thought it'd be nice to have some velocity.  I could use a FSR to step on but it might were out from stomping on it.
I was think of doing the trick where you trip one input, then another, and measure the time between them to determine velocity.
Maybe a laser line generator (modulated) with a couple of receivers on the other side.  A pivoting foot would trip sensors closer to the heel as I pivot down, then again near the toe.  Time between the two calculated for velocity.

Is there anything on a Brain that can measure time between two or more button pushes to derive velocity?

I can think of a few ways to do this externally, but if the Brain can do it already then all the better.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• The Brain does not have the capability to measure velocity like you described.

However, FSR's are very sturdy. I doubt you would ware it out quickly! FSRs work very well with our Brains.

• OK thanks,

I hope to try one of the long FSRs to allow standing in different positions when tapping.

I still wouldn't mind seeing  simple digital velocity like this for other misc uses when it comes up.