Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

my CNTRLR is locked

hi I am writing this message because for some weeks my livid cntrl-r does not work ???
I do not understand where does the problem ???
when I plug my computer I was on the center line the first knob that lights up and flashes continually ....
not able to do anything and I'd really like to understand how to settle this problem because I really need my machine to work ....
hoping to have a very fast response from you thank you in advance for Touit !!!!
Sincerely Kamel.A

Comments

• Hi,

My name is Mike and I would like to help you sort out your problem. Could you tell me if the CNTRL:R was working before?

Also please let me know what OS you are using and with what software or hardware you use the CNTRL:R. I look forward to hear what you are using so I can look into it.

Mike Bosch 
  • hello mike thank you for your very quick answer ...
    then yes it always work well without any problem ....
    and the day after the day that I plug in my computer I have the first knob that turns on and no reaction ....
    I served on traktor with mapping but now she are no longer recognized by anything ....
    if you had a solution I would be grateful thousand times .....
  • edited April 2015

Hi Mel,

Have you checked in the editor that you are using the correct midi channel? If you are using the Ultimate Tool from Stewe then it is using midi channel 5 but for example Ableton is using midi channel 1. If it is set to midi channel 5 Ableton will not detect the CNTRL:R and if it is on midi channel 1 the Ultimate Tool from Stewe will not detect the CNTRL:R.

I personally use both the Ableton and Ultimate Tool, by using the lower right encoder as a banking button to switch midi channels. You can set that up in the CNTRL:R editor.

I look forward to your next reply and hear from you what midi channel you are using. If you are using the correct midi channel then please let me know what mapping you are using for Traktor and if you also use Ableton let me know as well.

Also let me know if you use Windows or OSX.

Mike
  • he problem is that the day after it is no longer recognized anything ???
    I plug in my mac or pc and it's the same problem ....
    I have just the first knob on the first line above the matrix blinking and nothing more ....
    mapping and for my use I am about TRAKTOR 4X4 CNTRL-R V1.1 with some changes but otherwise she'd always run without worries ....
  • Moon hi I tried everything without success ...
    I feel that the machine are locked in bootloader mode because when I made the Updating Firmware everything smoothly ...
    until the final message:
    Once the firmware update is full the window should read "Erase / Program / Verify Completed Successfully."
    It is now safe to unplug your controller.
    Except that when I reconnect:-(:-(
    Always the same worries ....
  • when I did the firmware update done everything properly and when I unplugged and reconnected still no reaction

• thank you so much for your quick response !!!!
    I opened a ticket like you to ask me and I mentioned your name in the post
    below the link of the ticket ...
    I hope we will be able to find a solution for it any further ...

http://www.lividinstruments.com/helpdesk/tickets.php?id=9350

• Hello moon it has been a long time since I am come back to you because I had concerns(marigolds) which(who) we make that I unfortunately have no pus to send you my cntrl controller to repair I wanted to know if it was always possible thank you in advance bro