Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

GW Editor UI Issue

When I open the editor, the UI seems to be missing something.

See example…

[URL=http://www.snapagogo.com/photo.php?id=69030][IMG]http://www.snapagogo.com/uploads/source/942015/1428255965_88917974_GWeditorUIissue.png[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://www.snapagogo.com"]Uploaded at Snapagogo.com[/URL]

The color, etc. is not showing up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm on a late 2010 MacBook Pro 10.8.5

Thanks

Comments

I hope this link works.
  • This is strange, I've never seen this before.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Editor?

• I just tried that. Deleted the previous copy, looked for a preference file, found none in the Library/Prefs folder.

DL'd a new editor, no luck. Still the same issue with the UI. It's still very white.
    Thankfully at VGuitar Forums there is GW discussion and a link to the editor walk-thru.

Thats how I first noticed that something was not right.
  • I noticed I was using version 1.00 from this link:

I just DL'd version 1.04 from the is link:

Its still pale on my 2010 MBP 10.8.5
    As a test, I also DL'd v104 on my 2009 Mini 10.8.5 (same OSX install disk used for both computers)
    and it's as colorful as possible.
    The MBP is my music Mac. The Mini is hooked up to my television as the Media Center, etc.
  • I ran the Console program. Nothing looked like an error message. Check the screen shot.

I did want to mention this about the two Macs from my earlier post.
    The 2009 Mini had Lion installed into a new partition and then eventually I appended Mountain Lion to that and I have not had any issues with it. I have it hooked up to my tv and audio gear as a Media Center.
    On my 2010 MBP (which is my main Mac) I appended ML onto Snow Leopard. Big mistake. Everything that could go wrong, did. So I nuked the system drive and installed ML fresh. My question is, could there be something in Lion then ML on top of it allowing for visual components to display properly? As opposed to a ML only install?
    Thanks
  • No software issues at all with the reformat of the drive and clean install of ML.

This MBP was/is very stable. This was originally a Leopard Mac and then I appended Snow Leopard and stayed with that for a long time and never had any issues. I only did the upgrade because things are advancing and SL was getting a bit long in the tooth. I've stopped being an early software adopter for some time. ;-) Until funds allow I'll be sticking with this mac for a while and I thought to at least "graduate" to ML.

I immediately did a "Show Package Contents" to see if there were graphics being used for buttons, etc.
    and there they were. I thought maybe you were calling out colors instead of PNGs.

Repair Permissions is one of the first troubleshooting things I did. No change.
    I'm very familiar with the procedure. Depending on the miles I put my MBP through I usually run that as a periodic maintenance. In the old days it used to be "Rebuilding the Desktop"

Thanks for continuing to check into this. It is a bit of a drag, but I'm getting by with by keeping a working screen shot next to the editor when I need to make changes to the GW.