It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
This utility is designed to allow you to control the Guitar Wing's USB Receiver using a MIDI Controller.
Wing Connect allows you to assure the Guitar Wing's connection to the USB Receiver without having to physically touch the computer.
This can be especially useful when the Guitar Wing has knowingly gone out of range, run out of juice, or otherwise been disconnected for some reason, and the computer system is embedded, hidden, or without a visible display.
This program only manages connection on the USB Receiver, and it does not manage direct connections of the new 'Apple MIDI over Bluetooth'.
Downloads: Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X (10.6+)
- Ubuntu (12.04+)
--- and most other Linux flavors that use ALSA
*Windows is only partially supported (see below).
Downloads: Partially Supported Operating Systems
Windows does not provide a MIDI Backend that allows more than one connection per port, by default.
This utility is fairly useless on windows for most users, as it would tie up both the Guitar Wing and another MIDI Controller from being used by any other applications.
We provide this link solely for the power users who have worked around this issue.
- Windows (7+)
- The GUI is very rudimentary.
- This program only manages connection on the USB Receiver, and it does not manage direct connections of the new 'Apple MIDI over Bluetooth'.
- When the program 'resets' the midi connection, it also disconnects and reconnects from the 'external midi controller'.
It will re-find the the 'external midi controller' by name.
1. Download and Extract the Program.
2. Open the app ('gwing_connect')
3. Use the 'connect' bar at the bottom to manage the connection between the USB-Receiver and the Guitar Wing manually (if desired). You get 'direct connect' options if you are already connected to a guitar wing before you 'map' a control.
4. At the top, select the midi port of the midi controller that you would like to use to manage the connection.
5. Click the 'learn' button to enable midi learning.
6. Press and hold the button that you would like to trigger the Bluetooth Connection.
- You should see the midi message display change on-screen.
7. Click the 'learn' button to disable further midi learning.
- You can also uncheck the checkbox at the top left to disable any changes to the learnt message.
8. Select an Action. If you followed step '3'. The most direct action to get reconnected to your guitar wing will be labeled something like:
- 'Livid Guitar Wing - aabbccddeeff'
9. Press the button on your external midi controller that you previously mapped to ensure the connection with your Guitar Wing.
- Using the example action in step '8',
--- If the controller is already connected, it stays connected
--- If the USB Receiver is connected to another Guitar Wing or Device, it will disconnect and then connected to the device selected in the 'Action' drop-down.
--- If the USB Receiver isn't found (has been unplugged and replugged), the Guitar Wing Connect will reset the midi system, reconnect to the MIDI Ports, and connect to the selected device.
- Adding a 'send' section to provide LED Feedback for the status of the Connection to the external 'midi controller' ('idle', 'connecting', 'connected successfully').
- GUI Cleanup