Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Mixing encoders, buttons and rotary pots on an Omni RGB.

Hi,

it is maybe a stupid question: is it possible to freely connect encoders, pots or buttons on an Omni RGB board? All the examples on the Wiki have always for example: one full row of 4 encoders + one row of 4 pots + 2 rows of buttons. Would it be possible to have one encoder, one pot, 2 buttons on the same row, for example?
Hope my question is clear (sorry, english is not my native language) !
Thanks for your help!!
J.

Comments

• Fantastic, looks very flexible. Thanks a lot Moon for your detailed reply!!

Will post a picture of my controller soon, should be finished in a few days then.
    J.
  • Forgot one question: I'll do something like this, on an Omni RGB: Encoders on 1,2,3,4 and 5. Pots on 6,7 and 8. Buttons on 9 to 16.

Do I simply start from the 4E4K8B, and substitute the pot on position 5 for an encoder? Should I bridge something or add any diode? 
    Thanks again
    J.
  • I think (I hope) I understand the logic now ( row 1/3: SD1-8, SD11-18, DD1-8 and row 2/4: SD101-108, SD111-118, DD101-108).

Thanks a lot once again, that's super helpful.
  • Hey Moon, wanted to thank you again, the controller works fine. Used it to demonstrate the control of sound sources on a surround system (Wave Field Synthesis), in real time. Done in Max MSP. Some pics: 

imageimageimage