Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

GuitarWing strip switch turns off at top of range

Hey all, just started messing with my wing and I'm wondering if this is expected functionality or not; I find it kind of irritating.

Let's say I've got the big strip set up to send one CC based on position and another CC as a switch, say to activate the effect that's then being controlled by the position. I've found that this works fine as I sweep my finger up the strip, right up until I get to the very end, at which point the switch abruptly goes OFF, as if I had lifted my finger, though I haven't.

Anyone know what the deal with this is? Is that the way it's supposed to work?

Comments

• I think you have run out of pad there. If you go beyond the top LED, then you are off the FSR strip, so it it registers an off message and the cc value stays at the top right?

• That's what I thought at first too, but it bails right before it hits 100%. Like, if I had it attached to a whammy going an octave up, I'd never hear the actual octave, the last on bit would still be a little flat. I also noticed that this isn't happening if I flip it. Or at least it's not happening at the top, it might still be bailing at the very bottom but I'm not noticing since that's returning to equilibrium anyway.

• That seems to have done the trick, thanks!