It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
This update will allow the Guitar Wing to work with the Guitar Wing Editor.
To update the firmware on your Guitar Wing, you will need to download the Livid Guitar Wing Firmware Update utility and the Guitar Wing firmware.
(Unzip these files before using them.)
Download the Guitar Wing Firmware Update Utility:
Guitar Wing Firmware Update 0.71 - Mac OS X (10.6+)
Guitar Wing Firmware Update 0.71 - Ubuntu (12.04+)
Guitar Wing Firmware Update 0.71 - Windows (7+)
Download the Guitar Wing firmware:
Guitar Wing - Device Firmware 0.59
Before updating the firmware be sure that your Wing is charged and your computer is plugged in.
1) Plug in the USB receiver and power on the Wing in bootload mode by holding down one of the side buttons as you turn it on.
The Wing will perform a nice light show if it's in bootload mode.
2) Wait 10-15 seconds. This allows time for the USB receiver to connect to the Wing while it's in bootload mode.
3) Open the gwing_firmware_update software and click on the tab that says "Firmware Update".
4) Drag and drop the unzipped .bin file into the box that says "drag and drop firmware here".
Ignore the (.hex) indicator, we will be using a (.bin) file.
With versions 0.71 and above you can manage the connection using the 'connect' menu-button at the bottom of the screen.
Now you will see a prompt that says "programming x%". This may take 5 minutes or so.
Once the programming is complete, power down the Wing and disconnect the USB receiver.
Here is a walk through video: http://youtu.be/l5kPCzVXLQA
You are now ready to begin using the editor! Head over to the editor post:
"device not found, is it in bootloader mode?"
If you encounter this message after you drag and drop the file:
- Quit the gwing_firmware_update software, unplug the USB receiver, and power down the Wing.
- Start over at step 1 of the update instructions. Be sure to wait a good 15 seconds in step number 2.
If you still have any questions, make a post here or fill out a support ticket.
(EDIT: 10/11/14 - Added Link for Ubuntu (verified working on 12.04 and 14.04))
(EDIT: 12/05/14 - Updated Firmware to version 059 from version 054.)
(EDIT: 01/12/15 - Updated Firmware Update Software to version 071 from version 069.)
(EDIT: 01/22/15 - Updated Download Links to their final Locations.)