I'm coming from a DJ community that experiments with new controllers. I want to talk about the Base 2.
First off, this thing is awesome! The pads are RGB, the touch sensors are on point, and the layers are optional.
I do have a lot of problems with this though, and it might just be software related. Does anyone else agree with these options?
To make the Base 2 the best midi-controller, we need the ability to:
1. Set an "off" state per control. Currently I can set the whole controller to one colour for an OFF state, this is terrible.
2. Pads change colour based on pressure. There is no way to set 1 colour for a press. I basically want: Off - Blue; Pressed - Green.
3. For the touch faders, it's missing the ability to change the invert colours. It would be nice if we could set these "invert" colours vs the device doing it for us
4. A shift button. It's great that we can switch layers, but I want the ability to load a 2nd layer while the 2nd layer button is pressed. The moment I release the 2nd layer button it should go back to my previous active layer... This should be an option in the editor
5. Toggle buttons that do not send one CC note. There should be a toggle button that sends the same CC note when turned on and off, not just when it's turned on (Useful for apps such as Serato DJ and Scratch Live where I turn an effect on but cannot see it)
6. Pressing a button and able to trigger a light change on the board. EG I press the touch button above the faders and it turns on the corner light until the next press which would turn it off.