Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Mapping left and right faders and knobs when a Stepp-r is loaded

edited July 2014 in Hardware

Hi,

I have enabled the left and right mapping in the script for the faders and knobs, but is there a possibility to also map these faders and knobs when I have a Drum or Synth Stepp-r loaded on a mod?

It would be nice if you could add some custom control of the faders and knobs when you have a stepp-r loaded in the mod.

Comments

• In the current script, it would be horrendously difficult....its a complete mess.  We kept adding stuff and adding stuff, and now it's pretty indecipherable.  I'm currently (like right this minute) working on rewriting the Base script so it's easier for me to add some new functionality, and when its finished I'll give you a way to do what you're wanting to do ;)

a
  • @Amounra, you are indeed a star sir, thank you soo much for this, I will patiently wait for this, since it will complete my live performance setup.

• Hey Amounra, how are you getting on? Still busy with the Base script?

• Hi Amounra, I was just wondering if you could tell me what I have to do to get this mapping in the drum and synthsteppr to work.

If you have no time at all please let me know I will understand.

Keep It Spinnin'

Mike Bosch
  • edited July 2014

Hey Mike, sorry I've been meaning to get back to you.  Try this:

Create a new function, it should look like this:

def translate_faders(self, chan):
    if FADER_BANKING:
    for fader in self._fader:
    fader.release_parameter()
    fader.set_channel(chan)
    fader.set_enabled(chan is 0)
    fader.force_next_send()
    if DIAL_BANKING:
    for dial in self._dial_right:
    dial.release_parameter()
    dial.set_channel(chan)
    dial.set_enabled(chan is 0)
    dial.force_next_send()
    for dial in self._dial_left:
    dial.release_parameter()
    dial.set_channel(chan)
    dial.set_enabled(chan is 0)
    dial.force_next_send()
    self.request_rebuild_midi_map()

Around line 1179, you should see:

self.assign_mixer_controls()

Comment that, and right below it add your new function:

#self.assign_mixer_controls()
    self.translate_faders(10)  

10 is the channel that it will remap to, which is actually 11 since we're counting from 0

Let me know if that gets you there ;)

a

• Hi Amounra,

So I do this in the Cntrlr.py file yeah?

• Where do I put the text that starts with:

def translate_faders(self, chan):
    if FADER_BANKING:
    for fader in self._fader:
    fader.release_parameter()

• Hi Amounra,

I have no clue where to put what, could you help me with this and also let me know if I am looking in the right file, I am looking at Cntrlr.py now.
  • Uggghhh.  I wrote a reply to this earlier and for whatever reason it didn't show up.  Here we go again:

Yes, Cntrlr.py is the file you're changing.  You can put the def translate_faders function anywhere inside the body of the main class, a good place would be @ line 1242.  Make sure its indention matches the method above it, they should look very similar.

a
  • Thanks Amounra, will try this today. I really appreciate this.

• Amounra,

You are marvelous my friend, I managed to do it and it works, thanks soooo much buddy, thid opens a world of possibilities to my live set, a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • By the way Amounra, would this work in the CNTRLR script for the monomodular mods as well?

• Don't worry already tried and doesn't work.