Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Base I Pads not retaining color on loading JSON

edited June 2014 in Hardware

Whenever I load a JSON file into the editor, the colors for the pads are not retained (and sometimes the faders seem to choose random colors but are more consistent). In one case they all defaulted to Green and then had local control for the pad to change with aftertouch even though the editor said this was not enabled. Strangely, the editor showed that the colors for each individual pad were as they were supposed to be but they were not sent to the device. Upon reloading the preset these were erased from the editor too. This behavior seems consistent.

Tagged:

Comments

• Can you please share the JSON file? Also what browser are you using?

• Yes, here is the JSON file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqlkgqgis25d43j/Cisterna622.json

I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome for Mac OS X Mavericks.
  • Thanks for posting the report. 

That took some figuring out! After a lot of wrangling, I discovered that you have your color scheme set to all green:
    This causes some LED oddities when all the configuration messages are sent. I'm not entirely sure it SHOULD do this, but it does - it's just how the firmware reacts.
    I don't know if you intended to set the color scheme like this or if it is a result of some other weirdness, however, I added a fix so that the LED colors are all sent at the end of the routine to make sure they are as intended and not corrupted by messages "downstream."
    I also made some fixes to make it possible to upload the same preset file to multiple preset banks, using the workflow: change bank, select file, change to a new bank, select file, etc.