Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Sending a specific cc value via button or rotary push on CNTRL:R

edited June 2014 in Hardware

Hi all,

I just received my CNTLR:R and have been having a great time mapping it out. 

However, I am trying to replicate a midi event that I used to do on my old Novation (through the Automap software) whereby a specific value for a cc could be sent via a button press (or rotary push). In other words, on Channel 1, I have a pitch control action that is cc 40, but I would like to send a specific value out of 0 to 127 upon pressing it to get that specific pitch. I use a rotary knob to adjust the pitch on the same cc action, but I'd like a quick way to bring it back to a specific pitch value. At the moment, if I simply assign cc 40 and press the button I just get an ON/OFF 127/0 message. 

I know this is probably very simple through an external midi program, but is there any way to do it otherwise? If I do need an external midi program, are there any suggestions for something relatively straightforward for Mac that works smoothly with the CNTRL:R? Please assume I know (virtually) nothing about midi...

Many thanks!

Comments

• Hi Hermetico,

There is no way to do this internally. I'd recommend MAX/MSP or Puredata. The idea would be to "catch" the cc message as it comes by and change its value.

I could guide you to build a simple patch if you're into it. Have you ever heard of or used these programs?

• Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I know of both the programs, but haven't programmed with them. I'm actually using a MAX/MSP patch-based software called Kenaxis. I think I understand what you're saying, but wouldn't something like MidiPipe be a quicker solution than building another patch?

Thanks again!
  • Fancy piece of software there! I think you're right this may be a better solution for you.