Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Livid base send midi data but no sound

edited March 2014 in Hardware

Hey guys I'm a new livid base user in ableton, I notice when I'm using the keyboard mode with a synth, suddenly the sound stops for that track but the midi signals are still going to the DAW , after that I can't use any type of midi controller or my pc keyboard and have to close and open the project again, this only happens when Im using the Livid Base, I also got ableton push and this doesn't happens with it. 

I hope you scan help me with this. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• I realized this happens only with silenth1, I will do mores tests

• Ok just realize, that when using base keyboard mode, when playing with sylenth1 plugin for some reason some pads changes some parameters and one of them changed a wave so that was that. 

• Strange....the controller shouldn't be sending any CC's out unless you are in one of the User Modes.....let me know if you find out differently.

a

• I'm still learning how to use it, but for example with massive plugin I don't have this issue at all. It seems it happens only with sylenth1. But I have to do more testing.

• Hey marnuc.

I have the same problem. It happens when I use Razor or some of the ensembles from Reaktor, aslo with the Arturia ARP2600V, and the Sylenth1, but not with Massive or all the built-in instruments in Ableton since thats the DAW I use. What happens is that when I play some of the Base controller pads they start changing the parameter values from the VST, sometimes after that the synth stops doing any sound.

What I have to do when that happens, is switch to my Maschine so I can play the pads as a piano keyboard without messing with the synth values.