Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

trying to get LCDproto script to work

edited January 2014 in Hardware

Hello everyone,

I'm just getting started with Alias 8, using it with Reason 7 on Mac OS 10.7. I downloaded and installed the Reason Remote Script from http://wiki.lividinstruments.com/wiki/Alias8_Reason_Remote_Script. Alias 8 shows up in Audio MIDI Setup. In Reason's Preferences for Control Surfaces I added Alias8 and set
In Port: Alias_8A A8aControls
Out Port: Alias_8A A8aControls
LCD Port: Not selected

This setup works as expected with Reason. However I don't see how to get the LCDproto Max patch to work. I can open LCDproto with Max Runtime 6.1.2. I can confirm that Max Runtime MIDI Setup sees all the Alias8 outputs
Alias_8A A8aControls
Alias_8A Port 2
to Max Runtime 1
to Max Runtime 2

I can open the Max patch "MIDI Tester" with input device set to Alias_8A A8aControls and confirm that all the Alias8 controls send the expected MIDI messages. In Reason's Preferences for Control Surfaces I tried all the available options for Out Port and LCD Port, with matching settings in LCDproto.

Reason's Preferences for Control Surfaces will not allow me to select LCD Port: Alias_8A A8aControls

Not seeing any response from LCDproto. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Kalle

Comments

• Not sure about that, that's Pete's baby and he's at NAMM at the moment, but we'll try to get you sorted as soon as possible.

a