Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Code v2: Ableton Live 9 post fader volume monitoring shown on LED rings

edited November 2013 in Hardware

Hello dear Livid community

I recently got my Code v1 (upgraded firmware to v2) and I am loving it. I am quite new to MIDI on this sandbox level and I hope to seek your assistance:

I have 8 tracks in Ableton Live 9 and I wish to have the volume of each individual track shown on 8 of the LED rings on my Code. Exactly as it would be on a mixer.

I have yet only made a MIDI note in Ableton trigger some LED lights and from there it seems like I need some plugin that will translate amplitude into MIDI. 
What are your thoughts? How exactly would I do this?

Thank you in advance
Rasmus L

Comments

• Uh that should be pretty simple! Have you tried just MIDI learning the knobs to volume?

• Thank you for your answer, but I think you misunderstand what I want to do.

I want to have volume metering shown on my LED lights. Post fader metering. Like on a mixing console with constantly updating amplitude metering. Im not looking to control any faders, I just want monitoring on my tracks displayed on my LEDs. Its so dead simple and there must be an easier way to explain lol.

• Ok volume metering. I've seen it done before, Will Marshal's OhmRGB dj template does that. I think you'd need some scripting chops to get that done.