Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

How to use Code's MIDI IN to control LEDs?

edited October 2013 in Hardware

Hi,

I am looking for a way to use Code's MIDI 5-Pin IN Jack to control Code's LEDs. I strongly need thgis feature to control external midi gear with midi talkback, without using a computer. Is there a way to do this, or maybe to integrate it into the next firmware release? I know that if you turn on the midi merge functionality, you get the knob movements and button presses at the 5-Pin MIDI OUT Jack. But for MIDI IN there seems to be no way to do the other direction, at the moment.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yeah you can do this with MIDI IN. Do you have omni mode turned on?

• That does not help in this case. If I get that right omni mode is for sending/receiving data on all midi channels?

My test setup is a simple USB-Midi I/O connector, connected to the two 5-Pin Jacks on the side of the Code. If I switch to learn mode in Ableton Live it's no problem to create the mapping. Controlling Ableton from the MIDI-OUT 5-Pin MIDI Jack of the Code works fine, but the talkback to the MIDI-IN Jack does not work. With omni mode, midi merge. Also I found in the wiki, that talkback is only possible by directly using the USB connection.

• We are looking to add this functionality into the Brain v2 first, then we will add it to controllers like the CNTLR:R and Code. There is no timetable for this release yet, but your request have been heard and we will be incorporating this soon!