Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

Blinking LED feedback using Brain v2

edited July 2013 in Hardware
Hi

I'm configuring a new controller with 24 led pushbuttons and when I send midi data to the Brain v2 (either from a keyboard or from Max), and subsequently the leds, the led feedback behavior seems to be to blink steadily for as long as the note is held. This happens for any note that I play. I'd like them to stay solid as long as they are receiving the note, but I can't figure out how to set that up in the Configure app. What am I missing here?

FYI I am not currently using LED groups. At least I don't think I am. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2014

I've found this too on my Brain Jr. It seems that the blinking behaviour depends on the Note On velocity:

0 = LED off
    1-63 = slow flash
    64-126 = fast flash
    127 = LED on solid

I can't find a way to change this through Brain V2 Configure or via the SysEx commands listed in the Wiki.
  • Thank you very much!

• Hello,

is this behavior now customizable ? i am trying to monitor an ableton live's clip playing status via midi. When it's playing it makes the led flash slowly. 
    thank you !