I'm planning to do a midi controller but I have few ?, that need to be answered first. It is going to be a step by step construction.
I plan to use the DIY products to do my design.
My installation: - pc laptop 64bit i3
- Traktor Pro2
- S4 and F1
- Korg Nanocontrol
I wish to replace my Nanocontrol with my DIY livid controller. I'm going to use that controller mainly for the effects section, macro and cue point.
I've been playing for a wile now. I love Traktor. I've design a way for me to have a more subtle and powerful control on the effect section. Like they say, it's not the quantity but the quality that is important. So I use the fader to control the D/W and the effects amounts. In that way I can use 8 fingers at the same time to shape my sound and have a clear visual on wath is going on ( without looking at the computer ). It is going to look a little bit like the Skiff 80 plus 2 XPC. But I want to build it my self.
That is why I need your help.
1: FACE PLATE
- His there any template on CAD with the measurements of each different type of opening space needed to operate, Knobs, faders, 60mm and 30mm, encoders, buttons? I want to plan my face plate ready for the laser cut, so I need the specs.
- How do you mount the face plate to the Omni boards?
- what kind of screws do you use ( size ) and does Livid sale those screws ?
- what do you use for spacers between the board and the face plate ?
- I would like to put the Brain V2 between 12" to "20" from the controller unit. My plan is to have thin controller. I'm putting in just under my computer and over my S4. So is there other than 300mm length of cable at Livid ?
- There is going to be 4 unit's in the same box, like the Element Skiff 80 and 2 more units that I wish to connect like the XPC. Does Livid sale the connections and cables for the XPC that I can put on the Brain V2 ?
- Is there a place on the Omniboard to put led for the pots and encoders? a little bit like the Alias8. I just want to see my pot's in the dark.
- I wish to put different colors of leds under my buttons to distinguish the functions. Is it just a question of resistance ?
- For the mapping, do I have to use another program or it is as simple as mapping the korg in Traktor. just have to push learn button?
- Is the 30mm fader as the same feeling as the 60mm or there is no resistance. I didn't any alias 8 around my place to see what those fader fell like.
- where should I be using the Omniboard and where the RGB board, I'm not sure I understand the different's between those 2 boards
To give a better idea of what I'm planning to build, there's going to be in the main controller 4 unit's. 2 like 4B, 2 like 4F8K.
Plus 2 independent units 4F4B.
Thank's for your help, you can see that English is not my mother language!
any comments and suggestions would be appreciate!