Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

8*8 omni rgb

Hi could someone explain how to configure  4 Omni RGB boards as an 8*8 Matrix so when I press a button the LED lights stays lighting and when I press it again it goes off. Could someone send me a config file or explain in simple english. There are no simple explanations on how to configure the omni rgb.

Kevin
Tagged:

Comments

• What software are you using this in?

• So here's the config I made with a 2x2 layout of omni RGB boards:

I think this is the most recent one:

Lemme know if it works or no.

-steve
  • Oh - you will need to be hooked into some midi software or the lights wont do anything when you push them. I also have a control script that works with the Monomodular scripts if you're working in Ableton.

• Thanks steve,  Which brain configure software version are you using?

@Jay Ableton Live 8 for a start. I just can't get my head around the configure software. Ye really need to put a video up. Which version should I use?

Kevin
  • Ok try to open the .lmd BrainV2 configure crashes. The only way I can open is with the app closed and right clicking and using open with option and the interface doesn't look any different. What is the proper way to load a .lmd file?

• You want to open Brain Configure and then use the "open file" button under the "Settings Files" section. Or at least that's how I've done it before.

Then you need to "Send Config to Brain" for it to be used. "Save to Brain" if you want it to save.

That .lmd might have been made on version 0.99 but I'm not sure.

I don't have all my livid stuff handy at the moment so I can't test it. I'll try to get you a screenshot later.
  • edited April 2013
    Here's a screengrab of my setup for 8x8 in Brain Configure v2:

I am able to load this no problem from the .lmd file I posted. 

• I can't get the .lmb file to open either & what's more, the Configure version 1.03 will not allow any values to be edited in the BUTTONS pane - LED Group # or Group Size cells.

The WIKI says, "Click on a cell to activate editing the cell, then type a value from 0-63." but nothing happens.

Do you have to do something else to activate editing of those two columns of cells? All the other ones act as expected.

• This sounds strange, as if the editor is just not function correctly on your system. What is your OS? Can you share a screen video of what is happening when you try to click the cell? Can you share the contents of the Max window - this may show some errors that can help me with troubleshooting.

Select "Max" from the Window menu, then select all the text in that window, select "Copy" from the edit menu, then Paste into a text document to me.

• Thanks for the reply. Would have responded sooner, but am not getting e-mail notifications of replies to my comments, even though that box is checked in my Preferences.

What I am getting every time I successfully log in, is a Popup telling me to confirm my email address, and if I follow through, then I get a flurry of spam.

As to the problem with the Configure software, I cannot send the Max Runtime info here as it is too long.

It does act  the same on 3 different computers - all running XP SP3, but different versions - Pro, Media Center & Laptop.

I have the Brain V-2 hooked up through USB, and the Configure software in question will not see Brain V2 hooked to MIDI ports if I use an Edirol UM-2 usb interface, even though that device works perfectly. The same goes for my Edirol PCR-1 keyboard. Is this an issue that might be corrected with your firmware update?

Thanks for your help, will try to send the Max info in another post.

• Here is the bottom part of the Max info;

js: brain write:  C:/Program Files/Brain v2 JR Configure/Elements Alchemist.app/Contents/webroot/brain.json
    js: >>>>clicked:  1  0  in the  btns  table with data:  0
    js: PARAM  midi
    js: midi  btns  :  0
    js: ypos  41  41  0  18  0
    NoNewVersion: bang
    CurrentVersion: 1.03
    js: >>>>clicked:  1  0  in the  btns  table with data:  0
    js: midi  btns  :  0
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  btns  table with data:  note
    js: PARAM  mode
    js: mode  btns  :  note
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  btns  table with data:  cc
    js: mode  btns  :  cc
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  btns  table with data:  note
    js: mode  btns  :  note
    js: >>>>clicked:  3  0  in the  btns  table with data:  no
    js: PARAM  toggle
    js: mode  btns  :  no
    js: >>>>clicked:  3  0  in the  btns  table with data:  yes
    js: PARAM  toggle
    js: mode  btns  :  yes
    js: >>>>clicked:  4  0  in the  btns  table with data:  no
    js: PARAM  isencoder
    js: isencoder  btns  :  no
    js: >>>>clicked:  4  0  in the  btns  table with data:  yes
    js: PARAM  isencoder
    js: isencoder  btns  :  yes
    js: >>>>clicked:  5  0  in the  btns  table with data:  cc
    js: PARAM  encmode
    js: encode mode  btns  :  cc  -  encmode  ...cc  cc
    js: >>>>clicked:  5  0  in the  btns  table with data:  +-
    js: PARAM  encmode
    js: encode mode  btns  :  +-  -  encmode
    js: >>>>clicked:  6  0  in the  btns  table with data:  no
    js: PARAM  flip
    js: flip  btns  :  no  0  6
    js: >>>>clicked:  6  0  in the  btns  table with data:  yes
    js: flip  btns  :  yes  0  6
    js: >>>>clicked:  7  0  in the  btns  table with data:  -
    js: PARAM  ledlocal
    js: type  btns  :  0
    js: >>>>clicked:  7  0  in the  btns  table with data:  -
    js: >>>>clicked:  8  0  in the  btns  table with data:  -
    js: PARAM  ledsize
    js: >>>>clicked:  8  0  in the  btns  table with data:  -
    js: >>>>clicked:  1  0  in the  leds  table with data:  0
    js: midi  leds  :  0
    js: LED  leds  1  0  0
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  leds  table with data:  note
    js: LED  leds  2  0  note
    js: mode  note
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  leds  table with data:  cc
    js: LED  leds  2  0  cc
    js: mode  cc
    js: >>>>clicked:  3  0  in the  leds  table with data:  3
    js: PARAM  group
    js: LED  leds  3  0  3
    js: group  leds  0  3
    js: >>>>clicked:  4  0  in the  leds  table with data:  rgb
    js: PARAM  ledstyle
    js: LED  leds  4  0  rgb
    js: led style  leds  0  rgb
    js: >>>>clicked:  1  0  in the  ags  table with data:  0
    js: midi  ags  :  0
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  ags  table with data:  cc
    js: mode  ags  :  cc
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  ags  table with data:  bend
    js: mode  ags  :  bend
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  ags  table with data:  cc
    js: mode  ags  :  cc
    js: >>>>clicked:  2  0  in the  ags  table with data:  bend
    js: mode  ags  :  bend
    js: >>>>clicked:  3  0  in the  ags  table with data:  64
    js: PARAM  note
    js: note  ags  0
    js: >>>>clicked:  4  0  in the  ags  table with data:  fsr2
    js: PARAM  type
    js: type  ags  :  0
    js: >>>>clicked:  5  0  in the  ags  table with data:  yes
    js: PARAM  active
    js: active  ags  :  yes
    js: >>>>clicked:  4  0  in the  ags  table with data:  fsr2
    js: PARAM  type
    js: >>>>clicked:  5  0  in the  ags  table with data:  no
    js: active  ags  :  no
    js: >>>>clicked:  5  0  in the  ags  table with data:  yes
    js: active  ags  :  yes
    js: >>>>clicked:  5  0  in the  ags  table with data:  no
    js: active  ags  :  no
    js: >>>>clicked:  6  0  in the  ags  table with data:  no
    js: flip  ags  :  no
    js: >>>>clicked:  6  0  in the  ags  table with data:  yes
    js: flip  ags  :  yes
    js: >>>>clicked:  6  0  in the  ags  table with data:  no
    js: flip  ags  :  no
    js: >>>>clicked:  7  0  in the  ags  table with data:  -
    js: >>>>clicked:  8  0  in the  ags  table with data:  -
    js: >>>>clicked:  8  0  in the  ags  table with data:  -

• UPS just delivered my second Brain V2, so I tried saving the Configure setup, as in the screenshot above, from the first Brain V2, then loading into the new Brain V2. Seemed to save OK and this time it doesn't crash the program upon opening, but all the saved settings are just empty cells. New Brain V2 behaves identically to 1st one when hooked to Configure software. GCH

• edited January 2014

For the sake of the archive…. I helped profh remotely, reproduced the problem here, and updated Brain V2 Configure with a fix.

• Thanks for the help, Peter, but still no joy. No email notification of posts either.

Uninstalled Configure V 103 - installed V 104 & rebooted.

Now what is happening, is that values can be entered and held in BUTTONS/Group Size Column, but not in BUTTONS/LED group# Column

Saved files - as before, will only open with all empty cells – like when the program firsts boots & before info from the Brain is downloaded. That configuration cannot be saved or sent to Brain however.

Also, when the Configure software first downloads the info from the Brain, sometimes that is the defaults, and sometimes what is saved. The “get settings” button doesn’t always give consistent results either.

As reported before by another user, the <omni-nome1.lmb> file still crashes the Configure program. IMO, if you figure out why that happens, the other problems will disappear.

Do you have any other known working .lmb files for download that I could try?

Thanks for your help. GCH

• Hello Moon & Steven,

Mark at Livid was good about sending me a working omni-nome.lmd file. I don't know how to post it here, but it does exist at Livid & should be made available.

I did figure out a sort of work around with the Configure software, because this new omni-nome.lmd file behaves as all other files I have saved, in that when opened, the Configure software shows only empty cells. That is because the settings in the opened file have been automatically uploaded to the Brain without a chance to edit them first. They can be retrieved by using the Get Settings button. Mark calls this the "fetch trick". However, it wipes out the previous settings that might not have been saved.

There is still the problem of no values being stored in the BUTTONS/LED group# column, even with V1.04

My last gripe is that the MIDI Input on the Brain board has been deliberately disabled, so it can't be used stand alone. Until that is changed, as promised, my project is DIW (dead in the water).

• Well it is now the month of March and I haven't had any information about the status of the MIDI Input via MIDI jacks update that was promised for February.

I feel I have been quite patient, and as I said before, I cannot work on my project until I can use your hardware without a computer or USB connections. I was led to believe that was possible when I purchased those products originally.

Please advise if this is ever going to happen, or if I have to arrange to return the Livid products I am unable to use.

Thank you. George C Hall

• Thanks very much for the update Justin Moon.

Since I am working to build a device somewhat similar to your new Guitar Wing, for the trombone, that creates a MIDI signal from an IR sensor measuring the hand slide movements, size and weight is of the essence. The wireless system I am using works fine for MIDI signals, but USB & computers are not at all practical.

I look forward to the next experiments. Cheers, GCH

• Sorry to revive this but, Profh, did you upload that working .lmd file anywhere? i'm having similar problems and would like to check if that file could solve my problems :D

• Pm'd to you!