It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hello,Code editor crash on start, when it try to scan for deviceWin Xp sp3, java & quicktime (downloaded today)
Check out the beta version of our new web based editor http://www.lividserver.com/editor/editor.html
Doesn't work tooI got an error message when i try to install jazz plugin "JazzControl.dll failed to register" (firefox)
Very nice !http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=484581020113153614Screen.jpgJazz plugins 1.1 installed via firefoxI don't see the midi in menuit doesn't recognise the device (I Tried all midi input i have)
What is the firmware version on your code? Which code editor (standalone app) did you try?
"somehow you got it install correctly"here (version 1.1)https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/jazz-plugin/I know I need to install 1.2, but it doesn't work. (exactly the same result than with the 1.1 version)"What is the firmware version on your code"How can I know it ? (don't tell me it's with "Code editor" ...)"Which code editor (standalone app) did you try? "2.092.08with Java 6 & 7 and quicktime 6 & 7 (lastest versions)
It's normal to see 2 midi (unnamed ...) inputs used by the Code in my sequencer ?
XP unfortunately doesn't show the ports with their proper names - it just shows "USB-AUDIO" or something like that. There are 2 ports on the Code - one for the USB and one for the MIDI jacks.
I'm curious if you can get the 1.2 version installed on Chrome?Jazz plugin is a "msi package" it's the same problem, i have the message "JazzControl.dll failed to register" (even with chrome installed)"Here's some other considerations: ..."Be sure I tried all of this with a clean machine, and with another one too."Make sure that your OS is behaving correctly with MIDI" I'm sure, I never had a midi problem. and I don't think it's a midi problem.For the Code editor I think it's Java or quicktime (two softwares I don't like ...)For the Jazz plugin I don't know.The Code seems to working well in Cubase, no problem.
Ah, so you get "JazzControl.dll failed to register" when you try to install, not from the browser?
I found this:
It doesn't work, i got this:http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=118546020113220735Screen.jpgIt's a little bit better, i see the midi in/out sectionwhen I go to editor page, (when the midi in/out section is yellow and prompt) the device selected is the Code (usb) (it's the first on the list)I can't select this one but I can select the others ... but just when it's yellow, after I can select the Code It's the same on Firefox or Chrome
"XP unfortunately doesn't show the ports with their proper names"unfortunately Livid didn't make a driver ...
I found a way to install the jazz plugin (1.2) without error messageI had to install the visual c++ library (2008)but it still doesn't work (firefox & chrome)The only change is: I see the midi in/out selector in firefox now, but not the devicesI see my "nanokorg" inside (a very cheap 40$ master keyboard but supplied with a driver .......) but that's all (in firefox)I plugged my code in windows 7, my firmeware is 2.07
hmm...I'm a bit stumped on this one. if possible, I'd like to take a look at this remotely. Please email me at pete at lividinstruments dot com
After spending some time on Lapin's computer, it seems the issue is related to windows XP and the French language. Windows XP doesn't properly pass the port name. It lists it as "P riph rique Audio USB" - for whatever reason, XP is unable to pass the "é" character. As a result, any attempt to use this name to open a MIDI port results in failure.
"Can anyone confirm this?" I can !I just solved it !I edited C:\windows\inf\wdma_usb.inflines 1521 & 1522 (maybe only one is enough but I don't test it)USB\CLASS_01.DeviceDesc="Périphérique audio USB"USBGenericDesc="Périphérique audio USB"changed to USB\CLASS_01.DeviceDesc="Paripharique audio USB"USBGenericDesc="Paripharique audio USB"and reinstall the driver so now the code is "Paripharique audio USB" 'I will choose a better name later ...Tested with Jazzplugin/java/firefoxIt works !!!
Screenshot:http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=127566020613154853Screen.jpgThank you very much Peter.
Wow! Great work! I searched for a way to do this, and only found other people's frustrations!
That's not all, I made a "driver" (not really a driver but now the Code is recognised by the Code ID)because the first solution doesn't solve the conflict problem between the code and others no named devices, just change the name of the generic devicesso I edited a second time the C:\windows\inf\wdma_usb.infadd this line in [Manufacturer] section:%Livid.Mfg%=Livid.Sectionadd this two lines in [Strings] section: (end of the file)Livid.Mfg="Livid"USB\Vid_04D8&PID_FB3C&MI_00.DeviceDesc="Livid Code"add all of this:[Livid.Section]%USB\Vid_04D8&PID_FB3C&MI_00.DeviceDesc%=USBMIDI.Livid,USB\Vid_04D8&PID_FB3C&MI_00[USBMIDI.Livid]Include=ks.inf, wdmaudio.infNeeds=KS.Registration, WDMAUDIO.RegistrationCopyFiles=USBAudio.CopyListAddReg=USBMIDI.AddRegKnownFiles = USBAudio.KnownFiles[USBAudio.Interface.LividMIDI]AddReg=USBAudio.Interface.Addreg.LividMIDI[USBAudio.Interface.AddReg.LividMIDI]HKR,,FriendlyName,,%USB\Vid_04D8&PID_FB3C&MI_00.DeviceDesc%HKR,,CLSID,,%Proxy.CLSID%[USBMIDI.Livid.NT]Include=ks.inf, wdmaudio.infNeeds=KS.Registration, WDMAUDIO.RegistrationCopyFiles=USBAudio.CopyListAddReg=USBMIDI.AddRegKnownFiles = USBAudio.KnownFiles[USBMIDI.Livid.NT.Services]AddService = usbaudio,0x00000002, usbaudio_Service_Inst[USBMIDI.Livid.Interfaces]AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,"GLOBAL",USBAudio.Interface.LividMIDI,AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,"GLOBAL",USBAudio.Interface.LividMIDI,AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,"GLOBAL",USBAudio.Interface.LividMIDI,I used "USBDeview" to got the code ID:http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.htmlI think this method work with any no driver devices (on win XP)